Earlier this week, Niantic unveiled the Pokemon Go July 2022 Roadmap. In the roadmap, Niantic unveiled the Legendary and Mega raids taking place during July – so we prepped up the Best Mega Charizard X Raid Counters in 2022.
The Mega Charizard X raid will be available from July 1st to July 7th, 2022. Keep an eye out, because you might encounter a shiny black Charizard if you beat this Mega raid. Earlier today, we covered the best Articuno raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s discuss the best Mega Charizard X raid counters.
Mega Charizard X Raid Stats
- Mega Charizard X is a Fire/Dragon-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Water, Dragon, Ground, and (2X) Rock-type moves.
- Mega Charizard X’s Raid CP is 53260?
- Mega Charizard X’s Base HP is 186
- Its Attack is 273 and Defense is 213
- The Base catch CP is between 2111- 2200
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2639 – 2750
- It is Weather Boosted by Sunny, Clear or Windy weather
- Its fast moves can be Air Slash or Fire Spin
- Its Charged moves can be Fire Blast, Overheat, & Dragon Claw
Mega Charizard X Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Charizard X Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high defensive stat and type effective attacks. Overall, Mega Charizard X is one of the easier Mega Raids to take down in Pokemon Go due to its number of weaknesses. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 3 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 6 trainers can take it down and a team of 6 to 20 trainers can shred through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Latios, or Mega Blastoise will make the battle a lot easier for trainers’. Ultimately, you will want to use Rock, Water, or Electric-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Electric, Fire, Grass, Bug, Steel, or Ice-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Ramparados – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Golem – Rock Throw & Stone Edge
- Landorus – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Mega Blastoise – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Mega Charizard X – Air Slash & Dragon Claw
- Salamance – Dragon Tail & Draco Meteor
- Dragonite – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Rayquaza – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Gigalith – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Omastar – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Lunatone – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Aggron – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Solrock – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Zekrom – Dragon Breath & Outrage
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Kingler – Bubble & Crabhammer
- Swampert – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Feraligatr – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump
- Regirock – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Palkia – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Reshiram – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Dialga – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Mega Latios – Dragon Breath & Dragon Claw
- Haxorus – Dragon Tail & Dragon Claw
- Excadril – Mud Slap & Drill Run
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you participate in the Mega Charizard X Raid or Articuno Raid? What Mega Pokemon Would you like to see Niantic release in August? For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news.