Mega Aerodactyl is set to debut in Pokemon Go, so here are the Mega Aerodactyl Raid counters.
A new year is upon which means new events in Pokemon Go. With the changing of the year comes a change of raid Pokemon. Last month, Niantic unveiled the January 2022 roadmap. In that roadmap, Niantic announced that the Mega Aerodactyl Raid will be coming to Pokemon Go.
Below, we will cover the Mega Aerodactyl raid counters so you can take down the Mega raid when it spawns on January 7th, 2022.
Mega Aerodactyl’s Raid Stats
- Mega Aerodactyl is a Rock Flying-Type Pokemon
- It is weak to Rock, Steel, Ice, Electric, Water-type moves.
- Mega Aerodactyl’s Raid CP is 56,399
- Mega Aerodactyl’s Base HP is 190
- Its Attack is 292 and Defense is 210
- The base catch CP is between 1515 to 1590
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 1894 to 1988
- It is weather boosted by either Cloudy or Windy weather.
- Mega Aerodactyl’s Fast moves can be Rock Throw, Steel Wing, and Bite.
- Its Charged moves can be Rock Slide, Earth Power, Hyper Beam, Ancient Power, and Iron Head.
Best Mega Aerodactyl Raid Counters
With these stats in mind, trainers will need Pokemon with high defense or quick moves. Mega Aerodactyl will hit like a truck. This raid can be completed with 3 to 6 decently leveled trainers. Because of its weakness to Rock, Steel, Ice, Electric, Water-type moves, trainers have a wide variety of moves and Pokemon to pick from. Here are the best counters to overcoming the Mega Aerodactyl raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set. Be careful, it is strong against Fire, Flying, Ice, and Bug-type Pokemon.
- Mega Blastoise – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Swampert – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Mega Slowbro – Water Gun & Water Pulse
- Mega Manectric – Thunder Fang & Wild Charge
- Mega Ampharos – Volt Switch & Zap Cannon
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder Snow & Weather Ball
- Mega Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump/Aqua Tail
- Empoleon – Metal Claw & Hydro Cannon
- Thundurus (Therian Forme) – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Jirachi – Charge Beam & Doom Desire
- Feraligatr – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Raikou – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow & Avalanche
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Rampardos – Smack Down & Rock Slide
The Mega Aerodactyl raid will be available from January 7th, 2022 to February 1st, 2022. Hopefully, this Mega Aerodactyl Raid counters guide has been beneficial. For help taking down Heatran, here is our guide. Make sure to check back for additional Pokemon Go news and guides.