Yet another new event and raid has arrived in Pokemon Go, so we prepped up a guide for the best Mega Latios Raid Counters in 2022.
Our fellow gamers, were you happy with the Mega Kangaskhan raid event this past weekend? If so, then you are in luck because the first Legendary Mega raid has to come to Pokemon GO. This is part of Niantics’ way of promoting their Mega Energy changes. This week’s event is called Pokemon Air Adventures; from May 3rd to May 10th, 2022, Mega Latias and Mega Latios will appear in Mega Legendary raids.
In case you missed the changes to Mega Evolution, here they are. After Mega evolving a Pokemon for the first time, any subsequent time you’ll be able to Mega evolve that Pokemon without having to use Mega Energy; however, there will be a cooldown between the time it can Mega Evolve, but that rest period can be shortened by using Mega energy.
Now check out our Mega Latios raid guide below to learn the best raid counters!
Mega Latios Raid guide
Mega Latios Raid Stats
- Mega Latios is a Dragon, Psychic-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to bug, dark, dragon, fairy, ghost, or ice-type moves.
- Mega Latios Raid CP is 84000
- Mega Latios Base HP is 190.
- Their Attack is 335 and Defense is 241.
- The Base catch CP is between 2090 to 2178.
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2613 to 2178
- It receives a Weather Boost by Windy weather.
- Its fast moves can be Zen Headbutt or Dragon Breath
- Its Charged moves can be Solar Beam, Psychic, or Dragon Claw.
Mega Latios Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Latios Raid, trainers will need a defensive team of Pokemon or type advantage Pokemon. Overall, Mega Latios is one of the first two Mega Legendary Raid Pokemon. The Mega Latios raid can be easily completed by a team of four to six trainers with type advantage Pokemon. A team of eight to twenty players will easily take it down and grant a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokémon such as Mega Gengar or Mega Latias will make trainer’s lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use dragon, ghost, ice, bug, dark, or fairy-type Pokémon if you want to beat Mega Latios. Be careful, because the Mega Latios raid can be difficult if using fighting, poison, dragon-type Pokémon.
Here are the best counters to overcome the Mega Latios. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for shadow Pokémon or Pokémon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Mega Latios Raid Counters:
- Mega Latias – Dragon Breath & Outrage
- Dialga – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Rayquaza – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Haxorus – Dragon Tail & Dragon Claw
- Zekrom – Dragon Breath & Outrage
- Salamence – Dragon Tail & Outrage
Alternate Mega Latios Raid Counters:
- Mega Gengar – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Reshiram – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Giratina (Origin) – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Garchomp – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Weavile – Snarl/Ice Shard & Avalanche/Foul Play
- Gardevoir – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Dragonite Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Palkia – Dragon Tail & Draco Meteor
- Darkrai – Snarl & Shadow Ball
- Chandelure – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Tyranitar – Bite & Crunch
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section. Will you be taking on the Mega Latias and Mega Latios raid?