Earlier this week, Niantic unveiled the Pokemon Go July 2022 Roadmap. In the roadmap, Niantic unveiled the Legendary and Mega raids taking place during July, so we prepped up the Best Articuno Raid Counters in 2022.
The Articuno raid will be available from July 1st to July 7th, 2022. Keep an eye out, because you might encounter a shiny Articuno if you beat the Legendary raid. Earlier today, we covered the best Mega Charizard X raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s discuss the best Articuno raid counters.
Articuno Raid Stats
- Articuno is a Ice, Flying-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Electric, Fire, Steel, and (2X) Rock-type moves.
- Articuno’s Raid CP is 40165?
- Articuno’s Base HP is 207
- Its Attack is 192 and Defense is 236
- The Base catch CP is between 1665 – 1743
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2082 – 2179
- It is Weather Boosted by snowy or Windy weather
- Its fast moves can be Ice Shard or Frost Breath
- Its Charged moves can be Blizzard, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Ancient Power, or Hurricane.
Articuno Raid Counters
Going into the Articuno Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high attack stat and type effective attacks. Overall, Articuno is one of the easiest Legendary Raids to take down in Pokemon Go due to its number of weaknesses. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 3 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 6 trainers can take it down and a team of 6 to 20 trainers can shred through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Charizard, or Mega Ampharos will make the battle a lot easier for trainers’. Ultimately, you will want to use Rock, Water, or Electric-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Grass, Flying, Dragon, or Ground type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Ramparados – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Golem – Rock Throw & Stone Edge
- Landorus – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Mega Charizard X|Y – Fire Spin & Blast Burn or Overheat
- Mega Ampharos – Volt Switch & Power Gem
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Mega Houndoom – Fire Fang & Flamethrower
- Gigalith – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Omastar – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Lunatone – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Aggron – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Solrock – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Darmanitan – Fire Fang & Rock Slide
- Regirock – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Reshiram – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Excadril – Mud Slap & Drill Run
- Machamp – Bullet Punch & Rock Slide
- Alolan Golem – Rock Throw & Stone Edge
- Heatran – Fire Spin & Stone Edge
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Melmetal – Thunder Shock & Rock Slide
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Golem – Rock Throw & Stone Edge
- Moltres – Fire Spin & Ancient Power
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Ancient Power
- Archeops – Steel Wing & Ancient Power
- Flareon – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Delphox – Fire Spin & Fire Blast
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you participate in the Mega Charizard X Raid or Articuno Raid? For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news