Another new Pokemon Go event and raid has arrived, so we prepped up the Best Mega Blastoise Raid counters in 2022.
After a change to Mega Evolutions, Niantic has held a variety of events to celebrate the occasion. At the start of the month, Niantic announced the Mega Moment event adding Mega Kangaskhan to Pokemon Go. Following this Mega event, Niantic followed this event up with the Pokemon Air Adventures; during this most recent event, Niantic added Mega Latias and Mega Latios to Pokemon Go.
This marks the first Mega Legendary raid in Pokemon Go. Once the Pokemon Air Adventures event is complete, Pokemon Go will host the Water Festival. In celebration of the Water Festival, Niantic is bringing back the Mega Blastoise raid while introducing the Tapu Fini raid from May 10th to May 25th, 2022.
Now check out our Mega Blastoise raid guide below to learn the best raid counters!
Mega Blastoise Raid Guide
Mega Blastoise Raid Stats
- Mega Blastoise is a Water-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Grass & Electric-type moves.
- Mega Blastoise’s Raid CP is 54,243?
- Mega Blastoise’s Base HP is 188
- Its Attack is 264 and Defense is 237
- The Base catch CP is between 2162 – 2252
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2703 – 2815
- It is Weather Boosted by clear or Rainy weather
- Its fast moves can be Water Gun or Bite
- Its Charged moves can be Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, or Skull Bash
Mega Blastoise Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Blastoise Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with high defensive stats or type effective attacks. Overall Mega Blastoise is one of the original Mega Pokemon introduced in Pokemon Go. Even though it is an original Mega raid, it is still a challenge to take down in Pokemon Go. The raid can be completed by a team of 4 to 6 trainers; a team of 6 to 20 trainers is a bit of overkill but makes for a better completionist bonus. Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Venasaur or Mega Manectric will make trainers’ lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use Grass or Electric-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Ground, Rock, or Fire-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Mega Blastoise Raid Counters:
- Mega Venasaur – Vine Whip & Frenzy Plant
- Roserade – Razor Leaf & Grass Knot
- Tangrowth – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Exeggutor – Bullet Seed & Seed Bomb
- Victreebel – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Shiftry – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
Alternate Mega Blastoise Raid Counters:
- Mega Manectric – Thunder Fang & Wild Charge
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Raikou – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Thunderbolt
- Magnezone – Wild Spark & Wild Charge
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Luxray – Spark & Wild Charge
- Torterra – Razor Leaf & Frenzy Plant
- Deoxys (Normal Forme) – Charge Beam & Thunderbolt
- Thundurus (Therian) – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Tapu Bulu – Bullet Seed & Grass Knot
- Tapu Koko – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Sceptile – Bullet Seed & Frenzy Plant
- Breloom – Bullet Seed & Grass Knot
- Celebi – Magical Leaf & Leaf Storm
- Leafeon – Razor Leaf & Solar Beam
- Simisage – Vine Whip & Grass Knot
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section. Will you be taking on the Mega Latias and Mega Latios raids or waiting until the Mega Blastoise and Tapu Fini raids? Do you like the changes to Mega Energy in Pokemon Go? Have these changes made you more likely to participate in Mega raids or should Niantic do something else?
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. Let us know if this guide is helpful to you.