While the big new event is underway, we’ve prepared the best Regirock Raid counters in Pokemon Go.
With the start of February, a new line-up of Legendary and Mega raids will give trainers new raids to participate in. As of Monday, February 1st, Pokemon Go trainers can participate in the legendary rock raid featuring Regirock. The Regirock raid will be available until February 9th.
During these dates, Shiny Regirock will be available as a potential reward for completing the raid successfully. Without further ado, let’s jump into the best Pokemon Go Regirock raid counters.
Going into the Regirock raid, it is important to know that it has multiple weaknesses.
Regirock’s Raid Stats
- Regirock is an Rock-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to fighting, grass, ground, steel, and water-type moves.
- Regirock’s Raid CP is 42768
- Regirock’s Base HP is 190
- Its Attack is 179 and Defense is 309
- The base catch CP is between 1703-1784
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2129-2230
- It is weather boosted by partially cloudy weather.
- Regirock’s Fast moves can be Rock Throw, Rock Smash, and Lock-On
- Its Charged moves can be Stone Edge, Focus Blast, and Zap Cannon.
- During this week, it will know the move Earthquake.
Best Regirock Raid Counters
Going into the Regirock Raid, trainers will need to keep the high defensive stat in mind. Overall, Regirock is an easy legendary to take down in Pokemon Go with a strong team; it has a high defense, so attacking heavy Pokemon or quick-fire types will be efficient. A team of 4 to 5 trainers can take it down, especially with a Mega Blastoise or Mega Gyarados. Ultimately, you will want to use water-type Pokemon or strong grass types. Be careful, because the Regirock raid can be difficult if using Fire, Flying, Bug, or Ice-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the Regirock raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Blastoise –Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Zarude – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Landorus (Therian) – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Machamp – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Swampert – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Mega Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump
- Heracross – Counter & Close Combat
- Breloom – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Dialga Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Cobalion- Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Mega Venasaur – Razor Leaf & Frenzy Plant
- Hariyama- Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Conkeldurr- Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Groudon – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Rhyperior – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Garchomp – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Golurk – Mud-Slap & Earth Power
- Samurott – Waterfall & Hydro Cannon
- Torterra – Razor Leaf & Frenzy Plant
- Tangrowth – Vine Whip & Solar Beam
- Chesnaught – Vine Whip & Solar Beam
- Sceptile – Bullet Seed & Frenzy Plant