Best Mega Aggron Raid Counters in 2022
Trainers, the Test Your Mettle event is currently underway in Pokemon Go. Reminder, this is the second event during the Season of Light, and introduced two steel Ultra Beasts and a Mega Steel type; that mega Steel type Pokemon is Mega Aggron. During the event, Steel-type Pokemon will spawn in abundance. The event will also introduce the Roly-Poly Pokemon Togedemaru in Pokemon Go.
Starting on September 16th and remaining until September 27th, Mega Aggron will be appearing in Mega raids. Like other mega Pokemon’s first appearances in Mega raids, Aggron’s shiny variation will be available after taking down the Mega Aggron raid.
Earlier this month, we covered the best Kartana and Celesteela raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s finally discuss the best counters for the Mega Aggron Raid.
Mega Aggron Raid Stats
- Mega Aggron is a Steel-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Fighting, Ground, and Fire-type moves.
- The Aggron Raid CP is 46233
- Aggron’s Base HP is 172
- Its Attack is 247 and Defense is 331
- The Base catch CP is between 1,636 to 1,714
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2,045 to 2,143
- It is Weather Boosted by Snowy or Cloudy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Dragon Tail, Iron Tail, Smack Down
- Its Charged moves can be Stone Edge, Thunder, Rock Tomb, or Heavy Slam
Mega Aggron Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Aggron raid, trainers will need a heavy-hitting team of Pokemon with type effective moves. Overall, Mega Aggron has one of the highest defenses of the Mega Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 3 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Charizard, Mega Houndoom, Mega Lopunny, or Mega Alakazam will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use either fire, fighting, or ground-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using normal, flying, rock, steel, psychic, ice, dragon, fairy, poison, bug, or grass-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Charizard X/Y – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Reshiram – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Ho-oh – Incinerate & Sacred Fire
- Moltres – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Entei – Fire Fang & Ho-oh
- Blaziken – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Mega Houndoom – Fire Fang & Flamethrower
- Chandelure – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Blaziken – FIre Spin & Blast Burn
- Darmanitan – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Chandelure – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Heatran – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Magmortar – Fire Spin & Fire Punch
- Arcanine – Fire Fang & Flamethrower
- Infernape – Fire Spin – Blast Burn
- Emboar – Ember & Blast Burn
- Typhlosion – Ember & Blast Burn
- Salamance – Fire Fang & Blast Burn
- Delphox – Fire Spin & Fire Blast
- Rapidash – Fire Spin & Fire Blast
- Heatmor – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Simisear – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Victini – Confusion & Overheat
- Flareon – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Camerupt – Ember & Overheat
- Incinerorar – Fire Fang & Fire Blast
- Ninetails – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Torkal – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Lucario – Counter & Aurasphere
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Mega Lopunny – Low Kick & Focus Blast
- Machamp – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Breloom – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Meloetta (Pirouette) – Low Kick & Close Combat
- Sirfetch’d – Counter & Close Combat
- Heracross – Counter & Close Combat
- Toxicroak – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Sawk – Low Kick & Focus Blast
- Primeape – Counter & Close Combat
- Mega Alakazam – Counter & Focus Blast
- Mega Steelix – Iron Tail & Earthquake
- Excadrill – Mud-Slap & Drill Run
- Landorus (Therian) – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Rhyperior – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Garchomp – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Groudon – Mud Shot & Earthquake
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you try to grind out the Kartana and Celesteela Raid? Will you focus on the Mega Aggron raid running from September 16th to 27th?
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news