Now that we have sprung forward, we prepped the Best Tornadus Raid Counters (Therian) in Pokemon Go 2022.
The future a new set of raids will be coming to Pokemon Go Starting at 10 A.M. local time, Pokemon Go trainers will start to spot Mega Lopunny and Therian Tornadus in raids. From March 15th to March 22nd, Therian Forme Tornadus raids will appear from Legendary eggs.
Tornadus Raid Stats
- Tornadus a Flying-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Electric, Ice, and Rock-type moves.
- Tornadus’s Raid CP is 46044
- Tornadus’s Base HP is 188
- Its Attack is 238 and Defense is 189
- The Base catch CP is between 1756 – 1837
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2196 – 2296
- It is Weather Boosted by windy weather
- Its fast moves can be Gust or Astonish
- Its Charged moves can be Hurricane, Psychic, Focus Blast, or Heat Wave
Tornadus’ Raid Counters
Going into the Tornadus Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high defensive stat or strong type advantage attacks. This round of Therian Forme Tornadus raids will grant players the chance to find a Shiny Tornadus; it is one of the Legendary Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go with three weaknesses. The Tornadus raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 4 trainers; a team of 5 to 20 trainers will destroy the raid and make for a better completionist bonus. Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, Mega Abomasnow, or Mega Aerodactyl will make trainers’ lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use Ice, Electric, or Rock-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using fighting, bug, grass, or ground-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the Tornadus raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Manectric – Thunder Fang & Wild Charge
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Thundurus (Therian) – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Raikou – Volt Switch & Wild Charge
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder Snow & Weather Ball/Blizzard
- Weavile – Ice Shard & Avalanche
- Rampardos – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Darmanitan – Ice Fang & Avalanche
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow & Avalanche
- Luxray – Spark & Wild Charge
- Tapu Koko – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Glaceon – Frost Breath & Avalanche
- Jolteon – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Landorus (Therian) – Rock Throw & Stone Edge
- Golem (Alola Form) – Rock Throw & Wild Charge
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Thunderbolt
- Gigalith – Smack Down & Rock Slide
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section. Will you be taking on the Tornadus raid or the Mega Lopunny Raid?