The Season of Alola event is currently underway in Pokemon Go, so we prepped the Best Tapu Koko Raid Counters in Pokemon Go 2022.
During the event, Alolan Pokemon and starters from generation VII (Sun and Moon) will appear. Additionally, a new legendary raid and former Mega raid will start to appear in Pokemon Go. March will feature three Mega Raids (Venusaur, Lopunny, & Charizard).
Three Legendary raids will also take place during March 2022. From March 1st, 2022 to March 15th, 2022, Mega Venusaur and Tapu Koko will appear in raids. No shiny variation will appear after the Tapu Koko raid; so ultimately, trainers will be trying for the best Tapu Koko Stats.
Tapu Koko Raid Stats
- Tapu Koko is an electric fairy-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to ground, poison type moves.
- Tapu Koko’s Raid CP is 45438
- Tapu Koko’s Base HP is 172
- Its Attack is 250 and Defense is 181
- The Base catch CP is between 1730 – 1810
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2162 – 2263
- It is Weather Boosted by rainy or cloudy weather
- Its fast moves can be Quick Attack & Volt Switch
- Its Charged moves can be Brave Bird, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, or Thunder.
Tapu Koko’ Raid Counters
Going into the Tapu Koko Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with high defensive stats or fast strong attacks. Overall, Tapu Koko is one of the easier Legendary Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go with a well-rounded team. This legendary raid can be completed by a team of 3 to 5 trainers; a team of 6 to 20 trainers is overkill but makes for a better completionist bonus; more balls. Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Gengar or Mega Steelix will make trainers’ lives a lot easier. Ultimately, you will want to use poison or ground-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the Tapu Koko raid can be difficult if using a bug, dark, dragon, electric, fighting, and flying-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Gengar – Lick & Sludge Bomb
- Excadrill – Mud-Slap & Drill Run
- Landorus (Therian) – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Rhyperior – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Garchomp – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Groudon – Mud Shot & Earthquake
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section. Will you be taking on the Tapu Koko raid?