Best Raikou Raid Counters for Johto Event 2022
The Pokemon Go Johto tour event will take place this weekend on February 26th from 9 am to 9 pm local time. During the event, both trainers who purchase an event ticket and those who are playing on Saturday will have the opportunity to catch Pokemon first found in the Johto region. During the event, trainers will have a higher chance to encounter shiny versions of the Johto Pokemon. Johto tour event ticket holders will have an increased chance beyond the normal amount based on the side they choose (Gold/Silver). During the event, trainers will receive additional raid passes. While the event is ongoing, Ho-OH, Lugia, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou raids will spawn. For the 12 hours, the Deoxys raid will not spawn.
Raikou Raid Stats
- Raikou is an Electric-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Ground-type moves.
- Raikou’s Raid CP is 45435
- Raikou’s Base HP is 207
- Its Attack is 241 and Defense is 195
- The Base catch CP is between 1889-1972
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2361-2466
- It is Weather Boosted by rainy weather
- Its fast moves can be Thunder Shock and Volt Switch
- Its Charged moves can be Thunder, Wild Charge, Thunderbolt, or Shadow Ball
Raikou’ Raid Counters
Going into the Raikou Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with stat or attacks. Overall, Raikou is one of the more difficult Legendary beast trio Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go even with a well-rounded team. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 6 trainers; a team of 6 to 20 trainers is a bit of overkill but makes for a better completionist bonus. Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl or Mega Steelix will make trainer’s lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use ground-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using electric, flying, and steel-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the Raikou raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Earth Power
- Garchomp – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Excadrill – Mud-Slap & Drill Run
- Landorus – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Groudon – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Rhyperior – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Mega Steelix – Thunder Fang & Earthquake
- Krookodile – Mud-slap & Earthquake
- Grolurk – Mud-Slap & Earth Power
- Mamoswine – Mud-Slap & Bulldoze
- Donphan – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Golem – Mud-slap & Earthquake
- Flygon Mud Shot & Earth Power
With these choices, taking down the Raikou raid should be faster than lightning. A team of two high-level trainers should be able to take down the raid with ease. Trainers will have the chance to encounter a Shiny Raikou during the event if they are lucky.