Best Deoxys Raid counters in Pokemon Go 2022
We are halfway through February and you know what that means trainers. That’s right, a change to Mega Raid battles. Alongside the change in Legendary raids, Deoxys will hatch from legendary raid eggs between February 15th and March 1st.
During the two weeks, four forms of Deoxys will be available to battle and catch. The Deoxys Normal Forme will be available from February 16th to 19th. If you are lucky, you could encounter a shiny pink Deoxys.
Here are the best Deoxys Raid stats, counters, and tips:
Deoxys’ Normal Forme Raid Stats
- Deoxys is a Psychic-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type moves.
- Deoxys’s Raid CP is 50271
- Deoxys’s Base HP is 137
- Its Attack is 345 and Defense is 115
- The base catch CP is between 1717 – 1806
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2146 – 2257
- It is weather boosted by windy weather
- Its fast moves can be Charge Beam & Zen Headbutt
- Its Charged moves can be Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, and Psycho Boost
Deoxys’ Raid Counters
Going into the Deoxys Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high defensive stat or fast attacks. Overall, Deoxys is one of the easiest Mythical Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go with a well rounded team. The raid can be easily completed by team of two trainers; a team of 3 to 6 trainers is overkill but makes for a better completionist bonus. Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Gengar or Mega Houndoom will make trainer’s lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use bug, dark, ghost-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the Deoxys raid can be difficult if using Fighting or Psychic-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the Deoxys raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Gengar – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Giratina (Origin Forme) – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Chandelure – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Darkrai – Snarl & Dark Pulse
- Hydreigon – Bite & Dark Pulse
- Tyranitar – Bite & Crunch
- Mega Houndoom – Snarl & Foul Play
- Deoxys (Attack Forme) – Poison Jab & Dark Pulse
- Hoopa – Astonish & Shadow Ball
- Absol – Snarl & Dark Pulse
- Weavile – Feint Attack & Foul Play
- Honchkrow – Snarl & Dark Pulse
- Banette – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Shadow Ball
- Mismagius – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Bisharp – Snarl & Dark Pulse
- Genesect – Fury Cutter & X-Scissor
- Escavalier – Bug Bite & Mega Horn
- Zarude – Bite & Dark Pulse
- Sharpedo – Bite & Crunch
- Pinsir – Bug Bite & X-Scissor
- Thundurus (Therian Forme) – Bite & Crunch
- Yanmega – Bug Bite & Bug Buzz
- Krookodile – Snarl & Crunch
- Scizor – Fury Cutter & X-Scissor
- Haunter – Astonish & Shadow Ball
For a list of the February events including our Mega Ampharos raid guide and other Pokemon Go articles, make sure to check our other Pokemon Go section. Remember, the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event will take place on February 26th!