As part of our ongoing coverage of the Pokemon Go Season of Heritage event, we’ve prepped up a new guide for Mega Steelix Raid Counters for Pokemon Go!
With the Season of Heritage Event underway in Pokemon Go, a new Mega Pokemon has been released for trainers to raid against. The new Mega raid is for the steel ground-type Pokemon Mega Steelix.
The addition of Mega Steelix could be a tie into the recent on-screen depiction of Brock’s Steelix evolving into Mega Steelix during the When Regions Collide arc of Pokemon The Series: Sun & Moon. So how do you take down this behemoth? Find out, in our Mega Steelix Raid counters guide and keep an eye out for a shiny!
Mega Steelix’s Raid Stats
- Mega Steelix is a Steel Ground-Type Pokemon
- It is weak to Fighting, Ground, Fire, Water-type moves.
- Mega Steelix’s Raid CP is 51414
- Mega Steelix’s Base HP is 181
- Its Attack is 212 and Defense is 327
- The base catch CP is between 2010 to 2097
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2512 to 2622
- It is weather boosted by either Sunny or Snowy weather.
- Mega Steelix’s fast moves can be Dragon Tail, Iron Tail, and Thunder Fang.
- Its charged moves can be Earthquake, Heavy Slam, and Crunch
Best Mega Steelix Raid Counters
With these stats in mind, trainers will need Pokemon with quick type advantage moves. Mega Steelix is rather resilient. This raid can be completed with 4 to 5 decently leveled trainers. Because of its weakness to Fire, Fighting, Ground, and Water-type moves, trainers have a wide variety of moves and Pokemon to choose between before going into the raid. Here are the best counters to defeat the Mega Steelix raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Blastoise – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Rhyperior – Mud Slap & Earthquake
- Garchomp – Mud Shot & Earthquake/Sand Tomb
- Groudon – Mud Shot &Earthquake
- Mamoswine – Mud Slap &Bulldoze
- Reshiram – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Mega Charizard Y – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Mega Slowbro – Water Gun & Water Pulse
- Lucario – Counter & Aurasphere
- Mega Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump/Aqua Tail
- Mega Houndoom – Fire Fang & Flamethrower
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Mega Lopunny – Low Kick & Focus Blast
- Landorus (Therian Forme) – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Moltres – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Swampert – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Machamp – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Feraligatr – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Darmanitan – Fire Fang & Overheat/Flamethrower
If you do not all of these Pokemon, you can look at this list for alternate options to find the best Mega Steelix Raid counters for you. For additional Pokemon Go events or to learn more about the Reshiram or Zekrom raids, click the links above.