Best Suicune Raid Counters for Johto Event 2022
The Pokemon Go Johto tour event will take place this weekend on February 26th from 9 am to 9 pm local time. During the event, both trainers who purchase an event ticket and those who are playing on Saturday will have the opportunity to catch Pokemon first found in the Johto region. During the event, trainers will have a higher chance to encounter shiny versions of the Johto Pokemon. Johto tour event ticket holders will have an increased chance beyond the normal amount based on the side they choose (Gold/Silver). During the event, trainers will receive additional raid passes. While the event is ongoing, Ho-OH, Lugia, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune raids will spawn. For the 12 hours, the Deoxys raid will not spawn.
Suicune Raid Stats
- Suicune is a Water-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Electric and Grass-type moves.
- Suicune’s Raid CP is 37761
- Suicune’s Base HP is 225
- Its Attack is 180 and Defense is 235
- The Base catch CP is between 1627 to 1704
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2033 to 2130
- It is Weather Boosted by Rainy weather
- Its fast moves can be Snarl, Extrasensory, Ice Fang
- Its Charged moves can be Hydro Pump, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, and Water Pulse
‘ Raid Counters
Going into the Suicune Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with high attack stat or strong grass or electric attacks. Overall, Suicune is one of the second easiest Legendary beast Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go. The Suicune raid can be easily completed by a team of 4 to 5 trainers; a team of 5 to 20 trainers are overkill but makes for a better completionist bonus. Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Manectric or Mega Venasaur will make all trainers’ lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use grass or electric-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using fire, rock, or ground-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the Suicune raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Manectric – Thunder Fang & Wild Charge
- Shadow Electrivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Raikou – Volt Switch & Wild Charge
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Shadow Tangrowth – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Mega Venasaur – Vine Whip & Frenzy Plant
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Thundurus (Therian) – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Shadow Mewtwo – Confusion & Thunderbolt
- Zarude – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Torterra – Razor Leaf & Frenzy Plant
- Mega Ampharos – Volt Switch & Zap Cannon
- Victreebell – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Shiftry – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Porygon-Z – Hidden Power & Solar Beam
- Roserade – Razor Leaf & Grass Knot
- Magneton – Thunder Shock & Discharge
- Luxray – Spark & WIld Charge
- Vileplume – Razor Leaf & Solar Beam
- Sceptile – Bullet Seed & Frenzy Plant
With strong grass or electric-type Pokemon, the Suicune raid should be easy to take down. Raikou can easily be obtained in another raid and used for this raid. If you are lucky, you might encounter a shiny Suicune after completing the raid. Which side will you choose, Gold or Silver?