While the big new event is underway, we’ve prepared the best Regice Raid counters in Pokemon Go.
The final week of January is upon us. With the end of January comes the final legendary raid change for the month. As of Monday, January 24th, Pokemon Go trainers have been able to participate in the legendary frozen raid for Regice. The Regice raid will be available until February 1st.
For those looking for a potential counter to the upcoming Registeel raid and Lugia raid, Regice can be a viable option. During this raid event, Shiny Regice will be available as a possible reward for completing the raid successfully. Without further ado, let’s jump into the best Pokemon Go Regice raid counters.
Going into the Regice raid, it is important to know that it has multiple weaknesses.
Regice’s Raid Stats
- Regice is an Ice-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to fighting, fire, rock, and steel-type moves.
- Regice’s Raid CP is 42768
- Regice’s Base HP is 190
- Its Attack is 179 and Defense is 309
- The base catch CP is between 1703 and 1784
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2129 and 2230
- It is weather boosted by Snowy weather.
- Regice’s Fast moves can be Frost Breath, Rock Smash, and Lock-On
- Its Charged moves can be Blizzard, Focus Blast, and Earthquake.
- During this week, it will know the move Thunder.
Best Regice Raid Counters
Going into the Regice Raid, trainers will need to keep the high defensive stat in mind. Overall, Regice is an easy legendary to take down in Pokemon Go with a strong team; it has a high defense, so attacking heavy Pokemon or quick-fire types will be efficient. A team of 2 to 5 trainers can take it down, especially with a Mega Charizard. Ultimately, you will want to use fire-type Pokemon or strong rock types. Be careful, because the Regice raid can be difficult if using water, grass, ground, or dragon-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the Regice raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Charizard – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Reshiram – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Chandelure – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Darmanitan – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Heatran – Fire Spin and Flamethrower
- Blaziken – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Sacred Sword
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Rampardos – Smack Down * Rock Slide
- Mega Houndoom