Best Zacian Raid Counters in 2022
The Pokemon World Championships will take place in London England from August 18th to 21st. In celebration of the event, Zamazenta & Zacian will be returning to legend raids. During the event, a special World Championships 2022 Pikachu will be available. Additionally, Gyarados, Metagross’, Talonflames, Gengars, and Rhyperiors will be able to learn special Charged Attacks. Mega Slowbro and then Mega Ampharos will appear in Mega raids
The Zacian raid will be available from August 18th to August 31st, 2022; it will run alongside the Zamazenta raid. Keep an eye out, because you might encounter a shiny Zacian if you take down the Legendary raid. Earlier today, we covered the best Zamazenta and Mega Slowbro raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s discuss the best Zacian raid counters.
Zacian Raid (Hero) Stats
- Zacian is a Fairy-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Poison, Steel-type moves.
- Zacian’s Raid CP is 52195
- Zacian’s Base HP is 192
- Its Attack is 254 and Defense is 236
- The Base catch CP is between 2100 to 2188
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2625 to 2735
- It is Weather Boosted by Cloudy weather
- Its fast moves can be Quick Attack, Metal Claw, Fire Fang, or Snarl
- Its Charged moves can be Iron Head, Play Rough, Wild Charge, or Close Combat
Zacian Raid Counters
Going into the Zacian Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high defensive stat or strong type effective attacks. Overall, Zacian is one of the easier Legendary Pokemon actively in Pokemon Go to take down due to its stats. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 1 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 6 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 6 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Scizor, Mega Gengar, Mega Beedrill, or Mega Venusaur will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Poison or Steel-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Bug, Dragon, Fighting, or Dark-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Scizor– Bullet Punch & Iron Head
- Genesect – Metal Claw & Magnet Bomb
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Dialga – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Excadrill – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Bisharp – Meta Claw & Iron Head
- Mega Beedrill – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Mega Venusaur – Vine Whip & Sludgebomb
- Roserade – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Mega Gengar – Lick & Sludge Bomb
- Deoxys – Poison Jab & Zap Cannon
- Nihilego – Acid & Sludge Bomb
- Vileplume – Acid & Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Psystrike
- Victreebel- Acid & Sludge Bomb
- Toxicroak – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Scolipede – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Salazzle – Poison Jab & Sludge Wave
- Darkrai – Snarl & Sludge Bomb
- Durant – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Aggron – Iron Tail & Heavy Slam
- Magneton – Thunder Shock & Magnet Bomb
- Braviary – Steel Wing & Brave Bird
- Galarian Slowbro – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Skuntank – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Muk – Poison Jab & Sludge Wave
- Nidoking – Poison Jab & Sludge Wave
- Perrserker – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Cobalion – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Archeops – Steel Wing & Crunch
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you grind out the Zacian Raid or Zamazenta Raid? Will you take on the Mega Slowbro Raid? If not will you be waiting for the Mega Ampharos or the Ultra Beasts (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, and Nihilego)? For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news