Yet another new Pokemon Go event and raid is upon us, so we prepped up the best Tapu Bulu raid counters in 2022.
Hello trainers, hope you got your fair share of Mudkips this past weekend. With one community day in the books, trainers can look forward to Stufful coming to Pokemon Go on April 23, 2022.
With the middle of April rapidly approaching, Niantic is changing the Legendary and Mega raids in Pokemon Go. Starting on April 12th at 10 A.M. local times, the Tapu Bulu raid will start to spawn; it will be available until April 26th, 2022. Additionally, keep an eye out for the Mega Pidgeot Raid that will be changing as well; it could give you an advantage when taking on the Tapu Bulu raid battle.
Check out our Tapu Bulu raid guide below to learn more:
Tapu Bulu Raid Stats
- Tapu Bulu is a Grass, Fairy-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Poison (2X), Fire, Flying, Ice, and Steel-type moves.
- The Tapu Bulu Raid CP is ?
- Tapu Bulu’s Base HP is 172
- Its Attack is 249 and Defense is 215
- The Base catch CP is between 1870 and 1953
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2338 and 2442
- It is Weather Boosted by Sunny or Cloudy weather
- Its fast moves can be Bullet Seed or Rock Smash
- Its Charged moves can be Grass Knot, Solar Beam, Dazzling Gleam, or Mega Horn
Tapu Bulu’ Raid Counters
Going into the Tapu Bulu raid, trainers will need Pokemon with high defensive stats or fast type advantage attacks. Overall, Tapu Bulu is one of the guardian deity Legendary Pokemon from the Aloan Region and relatively easy to take down in Pokemon Go with a well-rounded team. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 3 to 4 high-level trainers; a team of 4 to 6 trainers should easily beat Tapu Bulu, but anything else will not be necessary unless going for a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Beedrill or Mega Gengar will make trainer’s lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use Poison, Fire, Flying, Ice, or Steel-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Dark, Dragon, Fighting, Ground, Rock, or Water-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcome the raid and defeat Tapu Bulu. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Tapu Bulu Counters:
- Mega Beedrill – Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Roserade – Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Toxicroak – Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Gengar – Sludge bomb, Shadow Claw
- Venasaur – Vine Whip, Sludge Bomb
- Victreebel – Acid, Sludge Bomb
Alternate Tapu Bulu Counters:
- Mega Gengar – Sludge Bomb, Shadow Claw
- Mega Charizard Y – Fire Spin, Blast Burn
- Scolipede – Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust, Brave Bird
- Mega Houdoom – Fire Fang, Flamethrower
- Vileplume – Acid, Sludge Bomb
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder Snow, Weather Ball
- Vanilluxe – Frost Breath, Blizzard
- Beartic – Powder Snow, Ice Punch
Ultimately a good steel, fire, poison, ice, or flying-type Pokemon will help you defeat the raid easier and catch Tapu Bulu. This raid does not have a chance for a shiny variation at this time. If you are in the U.S or Europe there is still a chance to battle Therian Forme Thundurus and Mega Manectric. Will you be saving your passes in order to take on Tapu Bulu and Mega Pidgeot?
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.