Niantic announced a new surprise April 2022 Pokemon Go Community Day, with a pokemon most fans won’t expect.
Throughout the pandemic, Pokemon Go trainers had an extended window to catch community day Pokemon. Instead of a three-hour window, trainers had six hours to catch the community day Pokemon. In January, Niantic hosted a bonus community day bringing back Bulbasaur.
With March’s community day now behind them, Niantic has unveiled the April 2022 Pokemon Go Community day and it is a Pokemon many wouldn’t expect. Typically, Niantic unveils the upcoming month’s events before announcing the community day; in the news, Niantic announced that the six-hour window will revert back to the three-hour window. The April 2022 Pokemon Go Community Day Pokemon will be a debuting Pokemon.
April 2022 Pokemon Go Community Day Details
On Saturday, April 23, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time Stufful, the Flailing Pokemon, will make its Pokemon GO debut. Below are the details you need to know about for the April 2022 Community day.
- Stufful will appear in abundance.
- Stufful evolved into Bewear during and 2hours after will learn Drain Punch.
- You need 400 Stufful Candy’s to evolve to Bewear
- Community Day Special Research Story: Strong Stuff will be available for $1.00
- 3× Catch XP
- 2× Catch Candy
- 2× chance to receive Stufful XL Candy from catching Stufful
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Catch Extra Stuffful from Snapshots
- 1 extra special trade can be made during the event and two hours after the event (maximum of 2 for the day)
- Trades made during the event and two hours after the event will require 50% less Stardust.
- If enough Pokemon are caught by trainers from a single Lure, the 3× XP bonus for catching Pokemon near the Lured PokeStop will be increased to 4× XP for 30 minutes.
- An event bundle will be available for 850 Pokecoins granting 15 Ultra Balls, 15 Pinap Berries, 1 Elite Fast TM, and 1 Remote Raid Pass.
- A free bundle granting 30 Ultra Balls will be available.
- New Stufful stickers
Niantic’s Quote on the Change
We wanted to take a moment to discuss some changes to the Community Day format we’ll be testing. In 2020, we doubled the length of our Community Day events, extending them from three hours to six. Since then, however, we’ve found that only five percent of our Trainers tend to participate in the event for more than three hours.
One of the biggest pieces of positive feedback that we received after January’s three-hour Community Day Classic was that players and community leaders noticed how much more of the community was out and about during the event. So, for Stufful Community Day, we’re returning to a three-hour format. Our hope is that doing so will create even more opportunities for Trainers to play together and connect outside as they’re exploring.
We know that Trainers have enjoyed all of the extra resources that can be collected during longer events, so we’re adding some new and exciting perks to Stufful Community Day to give you the ability to collect just as many resources during gameplay.