Yet another Pokemon Go event and raid are upon us, so we prepped the best Mega Pidgeot Raid counters in 2022.
Hello trainers, hope you got your fair share of Mudkips this past weekend. With one community day in the books, trainers can look forward to Stufful coming to Pokemon Go on April 23rd, 2022.
With the middle of April rapidly approaching, Niantic is changing the Legendary and Mega raids in Pokemon Go. Starting on April 12th at 10 A.M. local times, the Mega Pidgeot raid will start to spawn; it will be available until April 29th, 2022. Additionally, keep an eye out for the Tapu Bulu that will be changing as well. Mega Pidgeot is semi-effective against Tapu Bulu.
Check out our Mega Pidgeot raid guide to learn more:
Mega Pidgeot Raid Stats
- Mega Pidgeot is a normal, flying-type bird Pokemon.
- It is weak to Rock, Ice, or Electric-type moves.
- The Mega Pidgeot Raid CP is 49801
- Mega Pidgeot’s Base HP is 195
- Its Attack is 280 and Defense is 175
- The Base catch CP is between 1151 and 1216
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 1439 and 1521
- It is Weather Boosted by windy or cloudy weather.
- Its fast moves can be Air Slash or Steel Wing.
- Its Charged moves can be Hurricane, Aerial Ace, or Brave Bird.
Mega Pidgeot Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Pidgeot raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high defensive stat or electric type attacks. Overall, Mega Pidgeot is one of the easier Mega Pokemon to take down; it is relatively easy to take down in Pokemon Go with a well-rounded team. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 3 high-level trainers; a team of 3 to 6 trainers should easily beat Mega Pidgeot but anything else will not be necessary unless going for a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Evolution Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl or Mega Manectric will make trainer’s lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use Rock, Electric, Ice-type Pokemon. Be careful, because this mega raid can be difficult if using Grass, Fighting, or Bug-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcome the raid and defeat Mega Pidgeot. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Mega Pidgeot Counters:
- Mega Manectric – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Luxray – Spark & Wild Charge
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Raikou – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
Alternate Mega Pidgeot Counters:
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Mega Abomasnow – Powder Snow & Weather Ball
- Vanilluxe – Frost Breath & Blizzard
- Beartic – Powder Snow & Ice Punch
- Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Darmanitan (Galarian) – Ice Fang & Avalanche
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow & Avalanche
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Rampardos – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Therian Forme Thundurus – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
Ultimately Fighting, Ice, or Electric-type Pokemon will help you defeat the raid easily. This raid does grant trainers a chance for a shiny variation after victory. If you are in the U.S or Europe there is still a chance to battle Therian Forme Thundurus and Mega Manectric. Will you be saving your passes in order to take on Tapu Bulu and Mega Pidgeot?
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.