Best Palkia Raid Counters in 2022
This week, Niantic unveiled the Pokemon Go August 2022 Roadmap. In the roadmap, Niantic unveiled the Legendary and Mega raids taking place during August. As July comes to a close, the final two raids of the month are now underway and will run into August. For more details, wait until later this week for the complete August 2022 roadmap.
The Palkia raid will be available from July 31st to August 10th, 2022. Keep an eye out, because you might encounter a shiny Palkia if you take down the legendary raid. Earlier today, we covered the best Mega Abomasnow raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s discuss the best Palkia raid counters.
Palkia Raid Stats
- Palkia is a Water, Dragon-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Dragon & Fairy-type moves.
- Palkia’s Raid CP is 54793
- Palkia’s Base HP is 189
- Its Attack is 280 and Defense is 215
- The Base catch CP is between 2190 to 2280
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2737 to 2850
- It is Weather Boosted by sunny or rainy weather
- Its fast moves can be Dragon Breath & Dragon Tail
- Its Charged moves can be Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail & Draco Meteor
Palkia Raid Counters
Going into the Palkia Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a decent defensive stat and type effective attacks. Overall, Palkia is easier to take down than the Legendary Pokemon Dialga in Pokemon Go. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 6 trainers; a team of 3 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can shred through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Latios or Mega Ampharos will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Dragon, Fairy, or Electric-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Steel, Water, or Fire-type Pokemon. Dragon Pokemon specifically will be your best friend and worse enemy. Be warned, using strictly dragon types will result in a lot of revives being used.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Latios – Dragon Breath & Dragon Claw
- Rayquaza – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Salamence – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Garchomp – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Dragonite – Dragon Tail & Outrage or Draco Meteor
- Dialga – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Palkia – Dragon Tail & Draco Meteor
- Gardevoir – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Togekiss – Hidden Power & Dazzling Gleam
- Latias – Dragon Breath & Dragon Claw
- Haxorus – Dragon Tail & Dragon Claw
- Reshiram – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Zekrom – Dragon Breath & Outrage
- Alolan Exeggutor – Dragon Tail & Draco Meteor
- Hydreigon – Dragon Breath & Dragon Pulse
- Zacian – Snarl & Play Rough
- Giratina – Dragon Tail & Dragon Pulse
- Druddigon – Dragon Tail & Dragon Claw
- Mega Ampharos – Charge Beam & Dragon Pulse
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient. Players can only use one Mega Pokemon per raid.
Let Us Know!
Will you grind out the Palkia Raid or take on the Mega Abomasnow Raid? If not, will you be waiting for the mystery Mega Pokemon or Genesect? For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news