Best Nihilego Raid Counters in 2022
Earlier this month, Niantic unveiled its plans for events in Pokemon GO throughout June. At the beginning of June, trainers had the opportunity to battle and catch Kyogre. During Pokemon Go fest, Kyogre & Groudon will appear in legendary raids on the first day. On the second day, the Ultra Beast Nihilego will appear in Legendary raids. Trainers who are not participating in Pokemon Go fast can still be invited to the Nihilego Raid.
Now check out our Nihilego Raid guide below to learn the best raid counters!
Nihilego Raid Guide
Nihilego Raid Stats
- Nihilego is a Rock, Poison-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Ground, Psychic, Steel, or Water-type moves.
- Nihilego’s Raid CP is 48499
- Nihilego’s Base HP is 240
- Its Attack is 249 and Defense is 210
- The Base catch CP is between 2167 – 2256
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2709 – 2821
- It is Weather Boosted by Partly Cloudy, Cloudy weather
- Its fast moves can be Pound or Acid
- Its Charged moves can be Rock Slide, Power Gem, Sludge Bomb, or Gunk Shot
Nihilego Raid Counters
Going into the Nihilego Raid, trainers will need a well balanced team , type effective attacks, or fast moves. Overall, Nihilego is one of the more difficult Alolan Legendary Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go. This raid can be completed by a team of 2 to 5 trainers high level trainers. A team of 6 to 20 trainers can easily take it down, so make sure to get a better completionist bonus for additional Balls.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl or Mega Gengar will make trainers’ lives easier. Ultimately, you will want to use ground, psychic, water, and steel-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using grass or flying-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Groudon Raid Counters:
- Excadrill – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Landorus – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Garchomp – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Rhyperior – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Landorus (Therian Forme) – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Groundon – Mud Shot & Earthquake
Alternate Groudon Raid Counters:
- Mega Aerodactyl – Steel Wing & Earth Power
- Mamoswine – Mud Slap & Bulldoze
- Swampert – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Golurk – Mud Slap & Earth Power
- Krookodile – Mud Slap & Earthquake
- Nidoking – Fury Cutter & Earth Power
- Flygon – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Golem – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Dugtrio – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Kingler – Mud Shot & Crabhammer
- Seismitoad – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Terrakion – Zen Headbutt & Earthquake
Water Type Counters
- Feraligatr – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Empoleon – Waterfall & Hydro Cannon
- Kingler – Bubble & Crabhammer
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Swampert – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Samurott – Waterfall & Hydro Cannon
- Mega Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump
Psychic Type Counters:
- Espeon – Confusion & Psychic
- Mega Gengar – Confusion & Psychic
- Alakazam – Confusion & Psychic
- Mewtwo – Confusion & Psystrike
Steel Type Counters:
- Dialga – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Cobalion – Metal Claw & Iron Head
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section. Will you be taking on Nihilego raid during Pokemon Go Fest? Or will you wait until Groudon returns to raid or hunt for shiny Axew. Will you wait until it is released normally, or will you save your passes to battle against Groudon? Don’t forget to save some of your premium or remote raid passes for the rerelease of Mewtwo? June’s Mega raids continue to be repeat raids from earlier this year; if you have yet to battle Mega Aerodactyl, Blastoise, or Venusaur then you will have a second chance.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. Let us know if this guide is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future.