With a new month comes two new Mega Raids. So we’ve prepared the best Mega Houndoom Raid counters in Pokemon Go for 2022.
With the start of February, a new line-up of Legendary and Mega raids will give trainers new raids to participate in. As of Monday, February 1st, Pokemon Go trainers can participate in the returning Mega raid featuring Mega Houndoom. The Mega Houndoom raid will be available until February 15th. Then on February 16th, Mega Ampharos will take its place.
During these dates, Shiny Houndoom will be available as a potential reward for completing the raid. Without further ado, let’s jump into the best Pokemon Go Mega Houndoom raid counters.
Going into the Mega Houndoom raid, it is important to know that it has multiple weaknesses.
Mega Houndoom’s Raid Stats
- Mega Houndoom is a Dark Fire-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Fighting, Ground, Rock, & Water-type moves.
- Mega Houndoom’s Raid CP is 53826
- Mega Houndoom’s Base HP is 181
- Its Attack is 289 and Defense is 194
- The base catch CP is between 1432 – 1505
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 1790 – 1882
- It is weather boosted by partially sunny or foggy weather.
- Its fast moves can be Fire Fang and Snarl.
- Its Charged moves can be Flamethrower, Foul Play, Fire Blast, and Crunch.
Best Mega Houndoom Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Houndoom Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high defensive stat. Overall, Mega Houndoom is an easy Mega Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go with a average team; it has a high attack but low HP, so attacking with type effective moves will be efficient. A team of 1 to 6 trainers can easily take it down, especially with a Mega Blastoise or Mega Gyarados. Ultimately, you will want to use water-type Pokemon or rock types. Be careful, because the Mega Houndoom raid can be difficult if using Grass, Ice, Ghost, Psychic, or Steel-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the Mega Houndoom raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Blastoise –Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Rampardos – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Conkeldurr- Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Swampert (Shadow)- Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Lucario- Counter & Aura Sphere
- Machamp – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Rhyperior- Mud-Slap & Rock Wrecker
- Mega Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump
- Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Hariyama – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Feraligatr – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Mega Lopunny – Low Kick & Focus Blast
- Samurott – Waterfall & Hydro Cannon
- Kingler – Bubble & Crabhammer
- Empoleon – Waterfall & Hydro Cannon
- Clawitzer – Water Gun &Crabhammer
- Haxorus – Counter & Surf
- Landorus – Mud Shot & Earth Power
- Crawdaunt – Waterfall & Crabhammer
- Groudon – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Excadrill – Mud-Slap & Drill Run
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Gigalith – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Krookodile – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Greninja – Bubble & Surf
- Regirock – Rock Throw & Focus Blast