We prepared an updated Mega Lopunny Raid Counter guide, full of new and old Pokemon to help you with this Mega battle.
Fashion Week may be over in real life, but now it is coming to Pokemon Go. During the event, Absol, Blitzle, Butterfree, Croagunk, Diglet, Kirlia, Shinx, and Smoochum will have special fashionable costumes while appearing in the wild and raids. For the first time, Shiny Furfrou will be available. Additionally, Mareanie and Toxapex will make their Pokemon Go debut.
On top of a change of spawns comes a change to raids. During the Fashion Week event, Yveltal and Mega Lopunny will be appearing in raids. We have previously covered how to defeat Mega Lopunny, however, new Pokemon have been released, so we will revisit how to take down the Mega Lopunny raid; during the event, Lopunny and Yveltal can be shiny after defeating the raid.
Now let’s dive into the updated best Mega Lopunny raid counters.
Mega Lopunny Raid Stats
- Mega Lopunny Fighting, Normal-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Fighting, Flying, Psychic, and Fairy-type moves.
- Mega Lopunny’s Raid CP is 55045
- Mega Lopunny’s Base HP is 163
- Its Attack is 282 and Defense is 214
- The Base catch CP is between 1,112 – 1,177
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 1391 – 1471
- It is Weather Boosted by cloudy or windy weather
- Its fast moves can be Low Kick or Pound
- Its Charged moves can be Hyper Beam, Fire Punch, or Focus Blast
Mega Lopunny’ Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Lopunny Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with high defensive stats or hard-hitting attacks. Overall, Mega Lopunny is one of the easier Mega Pokemon to take down in Pokemon Go due to its weaknesses, average defense, and low HP stats.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 9 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 7 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Gengar, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Latias/Latios, or Mega Lopunny will make trainers’ lives easier with type advantage moves. Ultimately, you will want to use Fighting, Psychic, Flying, or Fairy-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Ghost, Dark, Rock, and Bug-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Lopunny – Low Kick/Double Kick & Focus Blast
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Lucario – Counter & Aura Sphere
- Emboar – Low Kick & Focus Blast
- Blaziken – Counter & Brave Bird
- Machamp – Counter & Dynamic Punch/Cross Chop
- Breloom – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama – Counter & Close Combat
- Heracross – Counter & Close Combat
- Infernape – Rock Smash & Close Combat
- Buzzwole – Counter & Superpower/ Power-Up Punch
- Throh – Low Kick & Focus Blast/Low Sweep
- Pheromosa – Low Kick & Focus Blast/Close-Combat
- Mega Latias/ Latios – Zen Headbutt & Psychic
- Metagross – Zen Headbutt & Psychic
- Mega Gengar – Hex & Psychic
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Psystrike
- Mega Alakazam – Confusion & Psychic
- Gardevoir – Charm & Psychic
- Espeon – Confusion & Psychic
- Victini – Confusion & Psychic
- Azelf – Extrasensory & Future Sight
- Gallade – Charm & Psychic
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Drill Peck
- Tornadus – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Yveltal – Gust & Hurricane
- Staraptor – Wing Attack & Brave Bird
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust & Brave Bird
- Rayquazza – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Ho-OH – Extrasensory & Brave Bird
- Lugia – Extrasensory & Aeroblast
- Moltres – Wing Attack & Sky Attack
- Honchkrow – Peck & Sky Attack
- Togekiss – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Tapu Koko – Volt Switch & Dazzling Gleam
- Primarina – Charm & Moonblast
- Gardevoir – Charge Beam/Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Zacian – Quick Attack & Play Rough
- Galarian Rapidash – Fairy Wind & Play Rough
- Slurpuff – Charm & Draining Kiss
- Sylveon – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you try to grind out the Kartana and Celesteela Raid one last time? What about the Mega Aggron raid; both the legendary and mega raids change on September 27th. Yveltal and Mega Lopunny raids will run until October 3rd.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout the month, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news