Publisher Square Enix and developer Platinum Games have announced the NieR: Automata Steam update patch launches July 15.
The previously promised NieR: Automata Steam update patch launches July 15, bringing with it a host of fixes and feature changes that fans have been clamoring for on Steam.
Square Enix got flack with the Windows PC version of NieR: Automata on both the Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass seemingly performing better than the original PC version, on Steam. The Steam version has been riddled with issues since launch back in 2017. Following the Microsoft and Game Pass release, fans review bombed the game on Steam.
Here are the changes coming in the new Steam update:
- Borderless Video Settings – Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- Fidelity FX – A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- HDR – The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Anti-aliasing – Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- UI textures (4K) -Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Cut scenes – The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- Global illumination – A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
- Ambient occlusion/ bloom – The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.
NieR: Automata is available on Windows PC (via the Microsoft Store, and Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In case you missed it, you can find our review here. We highly recommend it! In fact it was our Game of the Year 2017, and our Community Game of the Year 2017.