The Pokemon Go Season of Heritage and Pokemon Go Holidays event is underway and a new raid is now available. Here are Kyurem Raid Counters.
Yesterday, the Reshiram and Zekrom raids ended and a new Legendary raid became available. Just like Reshiram and Zekrom, Kyurem will have its shiny variation for trainers to encounter for the first time.
Kyurem’s Raid Stats
- Kyurem is a Dragon Ice-Type Pokemon
- It’s weak to Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Rock, and Steel-type moves.
- Kyurem’s Raid CP is 43478
- Kyurem’s Base HP is 245
- Its Attack is 246 and Defense is 170
- The base catch CP is between 1957 to 2042
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2446 to 2553
- It’s weather boosted by either Windy or Snowy weather.
- Kyurem’s fast moves can be Dragon Breath and Steel Wing.
- Its charged moves can be Blizzard, Draco Meteor, or Dragon Claw.
Best Kyurem Raid Counters
With these stats in mind, trainers should start preparing their party for a relatively easy battle. This raid can be completed with 2 to 5 decently leveled trainers.
Because of its weakness to Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Rock, or Steel-type moves, trainers have a wide variety of moves to choose from before going into the raid. Here are the best counters to defeat the Kyurem raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Metagross – Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Dialga – Dragon Breath/Metal Claw & Draco Meteor
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Sacred Sword
- Lucario – Counter & Aura Sphere
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wreaker
- Garchomp – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Dragonite – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Zekrom – Dragon Breath & Outrage
- Palkia – Dragon Tail & Draco Meteor
- Reshiram – Dragon Breath & Draco Meteor
- Mega Charizard X or Y – Dragon Breath & Dragon Claw
- Salamence – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Latios or Latias – Dragon Breath & Dragon Claw
- Landorus (Therian Forme) – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Excadrill – Mud-Slap & Drill Run
- Mega Gyarados – Dragon Tail & Outrage
- Rayquazza – Dragon Tail & Outrage
Trainers who are missing any of these can easily substitute in strong Pokemon with Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Rock, or Steel-type moves. With Kyurem knowing Steel, Dragon, and Ice-type moves, avoid using Flying, Grass, or Ground-type Pokemon. Keep in mind your own Dragon-types may take a pounding.
The Kyurem Raid is available from December 16th to December 31st at 10 AM local time. Will you play more often during these two Pokemon Go events?
If you found this guide helpful, share it with your friends and other trainers. For all Pokemon and Pokemon Go updates, be sure to check in daily for all the latest Pokemon news, guides, and reviews.