Capcom plans to release multiple major new titles by March 2023, the publisher announced in their latest earnings report.
While Capcom plans to release multiple major new titles by March 31st, 2023 (the end of the current fiscal year in Japan), the “multiple major new titles” also include the big Sunbreak expansion for Monster Hunter Rise, which is launching next month.
In total Capcom is planning 45 different game SKUs, compared to the 24 SKUs shipped in the previous fiscal year that ended recently. Capcom is also expecting to sell at least 37 million copies of sales, with 10 million sales for new games and 27 million sales from existing releases.
Here’s a refresher on all the upcoming games Capcom currently has announced:
- Capcom Fighting Collection – June 24, 2022
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – June 30, 2022
- Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium – July 22, 2022
- Resident Evil Re:Verse – 2022
- Resident Evil 2 (2019) – 2022 (next-gen re-release on Series X/PS5)
- Resident Evil 3 (2020) – 2022 (next-gen re-release on Series X/PS5)
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard – 2022 (next-gen re-release on Series X/PS5)
- Exoprimal – 2023
- Pragmata – 2023
- Street Fighter 6 – TBD
This means there’s a number of games under Capcom’s sleeve that we don’t know about yet – we’ll keep you guys posted.