During the Capcom Pro Tour 2021 stream, Capcom Fighting Collection was announced.
It aims to bring 10 head-to-head arcade classic to consoles and PC. It features new enhancements for online play with rollback netcode and other extra features.
Capcom Fighting Collection is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on June 24th, 2022
Also in the collection are 2 previously Japan-only exclusives of the Darkstalkers franchise, as well as the console debut of Red Earth that previously was on Capcom’s CPS-III arcade hardware.
Titles that are included in the collection are as follows:
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
- Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
- Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge (First official release in North America)
- Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (First official release in North America)
- Red Earth (First release outside of arcades)
- Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Hyper Street Fighter II
A trailer announcing the new collection can be seen here:
Here’s a rundown on the collection:
Fighting fans can celebrate 35 years of Capcom fighting games with Capcom Fighting Collection, an anthology of 10 classic titles – including the full Darkstalkers series together for the first time ever outside of Japan – releasing June 24, 2022. Each of the 10 titles in the collection has been revitalized with online multiplayer, enhanced features, and quality of life updates.
Capcom Fighting Collection unites all five Darkstalkers games including Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge, Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire, and previously Japan-only titles Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge and Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire. The anthology also features the first release of Red Earth outside arcades and is joined by fan favorites Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix and Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness. These classics rank among the most acclaimed fighting games to appear in arcades and introduced the world to many iconic and beloved characters ranging from Chun-Li to Morrigan Aensland.
- Darkstalkers All-in-One – For the first time ever outside of Japan, all five Darkstalkers games are playable in one collection, including two titles previously released only in Japan.
- Cult Favorite Red Earth – Red Earth also makes its debut outside of the arcade, landing on consoles and PC!
- Here Comes a Renowned Challenger – The iconic Street Fighter brand makes an appearance across Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix, Hyper Street Fighter II, and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.
- Online Play for All – Players can now take the fight online to showcase their abilities in all 10 titles across ranked, casual, and lobby matches with up to 9 players.
- Robust Rollback Netcode – Online Play will be supported with rollback netcode for a strong and stable online experience!
- Train to Win – Training Mode has been added to each game to allow fans to hone their skills and master their favorite characters. Note: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo does not have a training mode option.
- Watch and Learn – Spectator Mode is available so you can sit back and enjoy watching friends duke it out.
- Additional Features – The all-in-one package also incorporates various gameplay balance adjustments and quality of life improvements such as mid-game saves.
- Relive Capcom Fighting Game History – The in-game Museum comes with a gallery of more than 500 pieces of official art, concept art and design documents, plus over 400 music tracks.