The Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn Global Event takes place this weekend, February 25th and 26th, 2023; last weekend on the 18th and 19th, Pokemon Go trainers in the Las Vegas area got a sneak peek at the upcoming event. This sneak peek gave trainers early access to the Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre Raids.
Starting on February 22nd and running to February 24th the Primal Rumblings event will Lead into the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoen Global Event. During the event, Trainers will be able to battle against Rayquaza in Legendary raids and Mega Latias and Mega Latios in Mega raids. Additionally, Rayquazas captured during the event will know the special charged move, Breaking Swipe. All three raids will give lucky trainers a chance to encounter Shiny Raquaza, Latios, or Latias.
During the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoen Global Event, Hoenn Pokemon will spawn in abundance with the habitats rotating every hour. Throughout the event, trainers will be able to battle in Primal Raids to take on the Primal Kyogre Raid or the Primal Groudon Raid. Both Kyogre and Groudon’s shiny variations will be available to potentially encounter after taking down the Primal raids.
With that in mind, let’s dive into the best Primal Kyogre raid counters:
Best Primal Kyogre raid counters in Pokemon Go
Primal Kyogre Raid Stats
- Primal Kyogre is a Water-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Grass or Electrical-type moves.
- Primal Kyogre’s Raid CP is 92860
- Primal Kyogre’s Base HP is 218
- Its Attack is 353 and its Defense is 268
- The Base catch CP is between 2,260 to 2,351
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2,825 to 2,939
- It is Weather Boosted by Rainy or Cloudy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Waterfall
- Its Charged moves can be Hydro Pump, Surf, Blizzard, or Thunder
- Primal Kyogre will know Origin Pulse when caught
Primal Kyogre Raid Counters
Going into the Primal Kyogre raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves, well-rounded Pokemon, or high defensive stats. Overall, Primal Kyogre is a heavy hitting Water-type Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and average health stat.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 4 to 8 trainers; a team of 6 to 12 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Blastoise, Mega Swampert, will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Grass or Electrical-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Water, Fire, Steel, or Ice-Types.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Grass Types:
- Mega Sceptile – Bullet Seed & Frenzy Plant
- Kartana – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Zarude – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Roserade – Razor Leaf & Grass Knot
- Tangrowth – Vine Whip & Power Whip
- Exeggutor – Bullet Seed & Seed Bomb
Alternate Grass Types:
- Victreebel – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Shiftry – Razor Leaf & Leaf Blade
- Torterra – Razor Leaf & Frenzy Plant
- Tapu Bulu – Bullet Seed & Grass Knot
- Breloom – Bullet Seed & Grass Knot
- Celebi – Magical Leaf & Leaf Storm
- Leafeon – Razor Leaf & Solar Beam
- Simisage – Vine Whip & Grass Knot
- Decidueye – Razor Leaf & Energy Ball
Primary Electrical Types:
- Mega Manectric – Thunder Fang & Wild Charge
- Xurkitree – Thunder Shock & Discharge
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Fusion Bolt
- Raikou – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Thundurus – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
Alternate Electrical Types:
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Luxray – Spark & Wild Charge
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Thunderbolt
- Tapu Koko – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Deoxys (Normal Forme) – Charge Beam & Thunderbolt
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Thunderbolt
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Trainers will be able to participate in the Mega Latias, Mega Latios, and the Rayquaza raids until March 1st. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre will be the primary raids during The Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn Global. Kyogre and Groudon will have their shiny variations available to encounter after taking down the Primal Raids.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout the month, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.