The Pokemon Go Crackling Voltage Event is now underway in Pokemon Go.
From January 27th to February 5th, Pokemon Go trainers can participate in the Crackling Voltage Event. During the event, there will be an abundance of Poison and Electric-type Pokemon.
The Crackling Voltage Event also introduces the Shiny Variation of Tapu Koko and Helioptile. From February 1st to 5th, the Team GO Rocket Takeover event will take place, the special research task will give trainers the opportunity to battle against Giovani now featuring Shadow Registeel.
Tapu Koko is available from January 25th to February 1st, 2023 10:00 AM local time; Mega Aerodactyl will also be available during those dates.
The two will be replaced by Registeel and Mega Gengar from February 1st to February 8th, 2023. Many trainers will most likely try to shiny hunt Tapu Koko since it is making its debut. With new releases in Pokemon Go since the last time it was a legendary raid, there are new counters available.
With that in mind, let’s dive into the best Tapu Koko raid counters:
Best Tapu Koko raid counters in Pokemon Go
Tapu Koko Raid Stats
- Tapu Koko is a Electric, Fairy-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Ground & Poison-type moves.
- Tapu Koko Raid CP is 45438
- Tapu Koko’s Base HP is 172
- Its Attack is 250 and its Defense is 181
- The Base catch CP is between 1,730 to 1,810
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2,162 to 2,263
- It is Weather Boosted by cloudy or rainy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Quick Attack or Volt Switch
- Its Charged moves can be Brave Bird, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, or Thunder
Tapu Koko Raid Counters
Going into the Tapu Koko raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves, well-rounded Pokemon, or high defensive stats. Overall, Tapu Koko is a heavy hitting Legendary Electrical Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and average HP stats.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 9 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Gengar, Mega Swampert, Megu Venusaur, and Mega Steelix will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Electric or Ground-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Fighting, Dark, Dragon, Water, or Flying Types.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Poison Types:
- Mega Gengar – Lick & Sludge Bomb
- Nihilego – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Nidoking – Poison Jab & Earth Power
- Muk – Poison Jab & Gunk Shot
- Venusaur -Razor Leaf & Sludge Bomb
- Victreebell – Acid & Sludge Bomb
Alternate Poison Types:
- Mega Beedrill – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Toxicroak – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Skuntank – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Roserade – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Overqwil – Poison Jab & Sludge Bomb
- Venomoth – Confusion & Poison Fang
Primary Ground Types:
- Mega Swampert – Mud Shot & Earth Quake
- Excadrill – Mud-Slap & Drill Run
- Landorus (Therian) – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Mamoswine – Mud-Slap & High Horsepower
- Rhyperior – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Garchomp – Mud Shot & Earth Power
Alternate Ground Types:
- Mega Steelix – Iron Tail & Earthquake
- Groudon – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Golem – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Ursuluna – Tackle High & Horsepower
- Landorus – Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Golurk – Mud-Slap & Earth Power
- Golurk – Mud-Slap & Earth Power
- Krookidile – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Donphan – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Rhydon – Mud-Slap & Earthquake
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Make sure to get your shiny Tapu Koko and Aerodactyl while you can. Tapu Koko and Mega Aerodactyl leave on February 1st and are replaced by Registeel & Mega Gengar.
Which of these two will you shiny hunt?
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news