While India and Hindu cultures celebrate the festival Holi, Pokemon Go trainers will experience the holiday in a different manner. Starting March 8th and running until March 14th at 8 PM local time, the Pokemon Go Festival of Colors will be active. If you’d like to read more about what will take place during the Pokemon Go Festival of Colors click here. Some of the key things to know from the event are Regidrago, Mega Medicham, and Bruxish are making their Pokemon GO debut.
During the event, trainers will be able to battle against Mega Medicham and the Legendary Rainbow Pokemon Ho-Oh. Additionally, trainers should keep an eye out on March 11th for Elite Eggs; trainers will need to be present at the raid in order to battle Regidrago. Both the Mega Medicham raid and the Ho-Oh raid can grant successful trainers the chance to encounter their shiny variations.
Despite Mega Medicham making its Pokemon Go debut, we know that some trainers will try to Shiny hunt Ho-Oh. So here are the best Ho-Oh raid counters in 2023:
Best Ho-Oh raid counters in Pokemon Go
Ho-Oh Raid Stats
- Ho-Oh is a Fire, Flying-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Rock, Water, and Electric-type moves.
- Ho-Oh’s Raid CP is 50,064
- Ho-Oh’s Base HP is 214
- Its Attack is 239 and Defense is 244
- The Base catch CP is between 2,119 to 2,207
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2,649 to 2,759
- It is Weather Boosted by Sunny or Clear weather
- Its fast moves can be Extrasensory, Hidden Power, Incinerate, and Steel Wing.
- Its Charged moves can be Brave Bird, Fire Blast, and Solar Beam
Ho-OH Raid Counters
Going into the Ho-OH raid, trainers will need a team of Pokemon with type effective moves, well-rounded Pokemon, or high defensive stats. Overall, Ho-OH is an easy to defeat Legendary Flying-type Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and average health stat.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 6 trainers; a team of 4 to 10 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Aerodacytly, Mega Manectric, Mega Blastoise, or Mega Ampharos will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Rock, Electric, or Water-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Grass, Fighting, Bug, Steel, or Ice-Types.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
Primary Rock Types:
- Mega Aerodactyl – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
- Rampardos – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Tyrantrum – Rock Throw & Meteor Beam
- Rhyperior – Smack Down & Rock Wrecker
- Terrakion – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Tyranitar – Smack Down & Stone Edge
Alternate Rock Types:
- Mega Steelix – Thunder Fang & Earthquake
- Shadow Omastar – Rock Throw & Rock Slide/Rock Blast
- Gigalith – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Crustle – Smack Down & Rock Slide
- Aggron – Smack Down & Stone Edge
- Golem – Rock Throw & Stone Edge
- Excadrill – Mud Shot & Rock Slide
- Sudowoodo – Rock Throw & Rock Slide
Primary Electric Types:
- Mega Manectric – Thunder Fang & Wild Charge
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Melmetal – Thunder Shock & Rock Slide
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Ancient Power
- Hippowdon – Thunder Fang & Weather Ball
- Electivire – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
Alternate Electric Types:
- Mega Ampharos – Volt Switch & Power Gem
- Xurkitree – Thunder Shock & Discharge
- Raikou – Thunder Shock & Wild Charge
- Zekrom – Charge Beam & Wild Charge
- Magnezone – Spark & Wild Charge
- Thundurus (Therian) – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Tapu Koko – Volt Switch & Thunderbolt
- Deoxys – Charge Beam & Thunder Bolt
- Luxray – Spark & Wild Charge
- Vikavolt – Spark & Wild Charge
Primary Water Raid Counters
- Mega Blastoise – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Gyarados – Waterfall & Hydro Pump
- Kyogre – Waterfall & Surf
- Kingler – Bubble & Crabhammer
- Swampert – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
- Feraligatr – Water Gun & Hydro Cannon
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Trainers will be able to participate in the Mega Medicham and Ho-Oh raids until March 21st. Regidrago will be available on March 11th only. Medicham and Ho-Oh will have their shiny variations available to encounter after taking down the raids.
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout the month, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.