Publisher Koei Tecmo and co-developers Gust and Akatsuki Games have announced a release date for Atelier Resleriana, the next main installment in their alchemy RPG series.
Atelier Resleriana: The Forgotten Alchemy and the Liberator of the Polar Night is launching on September 23rd for smartphones on iOS (via the App Store) and Android (via Google Play). The Windows PC (via Steam) is coming sometime later.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced game:
The latest work in the “Atelier” series brought to you by Koei Tecmo Games and Akatsuki Games, Atelier Resleriana: The Forgotten Alchemy and the Liberator of the Polar Night.
High-quality worldview production and character expression. An RPG with a profound story by Takahiro, who is in charge of the original ideas for many manga, games, and anime such as “Yuki Yuna is a Hero” is now here!
Once upon a time… Lantana, a kingdom that looks up to the stars, has a technology that utilizes the blessings brought by the stars. Its name is “Alchemy”. And the user of the technique was called an alchemist.
The kingdom achieved remarkable development through the power of alchemy. However, as the broom star disappeared and blessings could no longer be obtained, alchemy gradually declined. Eventually, it was forgotten from people’s memories.
Time passes, and two girls have a fateful encounter in a corner of Lantana. One is Lesna. She finds hope in alchemy, and believes that the source of the miracle lies dormant. He was heading towards the royal capital, aiming for the “end of the continent.” One is Valeria. She loses her memory and lives in a slum. He spent his days doing rough work as an adventurer for the “Moon Shadow Society.”
Behind them, the shadow of the mysterious organization “Polar Night Alchemist Party” approaches. As their various thoughts intertwine, the two eventually come closer to the truth that lies hidden on the continent.
- A new adventure begins with a new protagonist – An epic adventure story with a new protagonist for the first time in four years since “Atelier Ryza”. Let’s burn your eyes on the “journey to regain alchemy” led by charming characters!
- Characters that move in high-quality 3D – Using the latest technology cultivated in the “Atelier” series, we have created 3D graphics equivalent to the latest home video games. Let’s enjoy the cinematic story woven by high-quality characters!
- Battle system that utilizes the timeline to enjoy bargaining – Simple timeline-type command battles and flashy skill performances create battles that you can enjoy without getting bored. Build your strategy using “effect panels” with various effects and advance the battle to your advantage!
- Deep mixing system that is easy to use and enjoy – The “compounding” system, which is a feature of the series, has been optimized to make it easy to play over and over again. Find your own optimal solution by combining the characters participating in the synthesis and the characteristics given to the materials!
- Strengthening system that allows you to “promote” all characters – Characters can be strengthened in a variety of ways, including items and equipment created through synthesis, and “glow boards” that raise the character’s parameters. Assemble the strongest and best party and set out on an adventure surrounding alchemy!
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet.