So you’re a regular visitor at Niche Gamer? The obscure games, the niche games, the weird games, whatever you want to call them—we love them and we know you love them as well. We only cover these games on our regular feed, and we only cover them on our podcast, too.
Niche News of the Week
- Total War: Warhammer is Officially Announced, Confirmed as a Trilogy of Games
- Monster Hunter Stories, a 3DS RPG, is Revealed, Coming in 2016
- Project X Zone 2 is Officially Announced, Coming West this Fall
- Star Ocean 5 is Confirmed for Playstation 3 and Playstation 4
- Bravely Second Producer is Already Planning Bravely Third
- The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival is Officially Announced and Debut Teaser Trailer for Compile Heart’s Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force on PS4
- The U.S. Government is Looking for Public Input on Exemptions for Abandoned Video Games
- Rumor: Ni no Kuni 2 is in Development for Playstation 4
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 is Coming to PC This Fall
- A PS Vita Otome Visual Novel, Amnesia: Memories, is Coming West this August
- GameStop to Offer Trading in/Buying of NES, Sega Dreamcast Games and Consoles, and More
- Dungeon Travelers 2 is Coming West this Summer
- Game Arts is Asking Fans if They Want Grandia, Lunar, and More on PC
- Saint Seiya: Soldiers’ Soul is Coming West this Fall
- Adam Jensen Returns in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- New English Dubbed Trailer for Level 5’s Snack World Hints at Localization and Level-5 Announces Hyper Casual Fantasy, Snack World, With an 8 Minute Trailer
- Yo-Kai Watch 3 is Announced for the 3DS, Takes Place in the USA and Nintendo is Publishing Yo-Kai Watch in the West
- Professor Layton 7 is Coming to Smartphones in 2015 and Fantasy Life 2 is Announced for Smartphones
Topic of the Week
This week’s topic is a multi-faceted one. The Killing Floor 2 developers have put out an EULA for their buyers to agree to which enables them to remove your ownership of the game, if you partake in “cyber bullying.” At what point does free speech begin and end? We also talk about this issue in the world of gaming and culture at large, as both private and public institutions are seemingly kowtowing to the outrage police.
Our guest speaker for this podcast is Alison Tieman, one of the co-creators and co-founders of the Honey Badger Radio.
Enjoy our podcast below, or download it via Soundcloud:
Senpai Noticed You
This is where we showcase some of the most intriguing, hilarious, and or thought-provoking responses coming from our fans, every week. You can find the posts that made your senpai, Niche Gamer, totally notice you:
Francesco Azzena (via Facebook)
[Italian] Salve, volevo solo dire che sono orgoglioso che un italiano abbia contribuito a creare uno dei pochi siti di informazione sui videogiochi validi su internet oltre ad altri pochi degni di attenzione. Dato che l’industria videoludica italiana è piccola si potrebbe creare una rubrica per le realtà di sviluppo poco sviluppate o in fase di sviluppo per potere aumentare l’attenzione su di esse. Grazie e saluti dalla Sardegna.
[English] Hi, I only wanted to say that I’m proud that an Italian had contributed to create one of the few good video game information sites we have on the internet.
Because we know that the Italian developing scene is small and or underdeveloped could you please create a section of your site dedicated to inform about small or developing scenes in Italy and others country like Poland, Czechia, Hungary, Turkey, Greece and so on to foster interest in those developing realities.
Thank you and greetings from Sardinia, Italy.
— 外人 (@Gaijin_Gal) April 21, 2015
@XavierMendel: “No, thank you. I’m a big fan of Niche Gamer. It’s a bastion of good writing among the wasteland of other websites.”
Please Leave Feedback and Ask Us Questions
Please write in to Niche Gamer-cast @ Niche Gamer (click to open a new message with your preferred email provider) with any questions, comments, music recommendations, and so on that you guys have. We will respond to any emails we get on the air during the next show!