Capcom has announced Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers has gone gold.
The news comes via series executive producer Yoshinori Ono, who confirmed the game reaching gold master status. This means the game’s development and code is finalized and ready to be put onto game cartridges, for distribution.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect in the new version, via Capcom:
The newest iteration of SFII in nearly 10 years, Ultra Street Fighter II features all of the classic characters, a host of new single player and multiplayer features, as well as two new fighters: Evil Ryu and Violent Ken! Nintendo Switch TV, Tabletop and Handheld modes allow you to play Ultra Street Fighter II at home or on-the-go!
- Features a stellar line-up of characters, including all of the original fighters and bosses, the characters added in Super Street Fighter II, plus the first new roster additions in nearly 20 years: Evil Ryu and Violent Ken!
- Choose between classic pixel-art graphics for a retro nostalgia trip, or enjoy a refined new modern look.
- Utilize the motion controls of the Joy-Con in “Way of the Hado” mode, a new first-person single player experience where players attempt to defeat the Shadaloo army using signature Hadoken and Shoryuken special moves.
- Team-up with a friend to take on the CPU opponent in a new co-op mode. Create new two-character combos and attack the CPU on both sides!
- Battle it out with a friend in local multiplayer or take the fight online in Ranked and Casual matches.
- Browse through a beautiful 250+ page digital art book featuring over 1,500 illustrations throughout Street Fighter’s 30-year history.
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers is launching for the Nintendo Switch on May 26th.