Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Frozenbyte have announced Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy for PC and consoles.
The new co-op puzzle adventure sequel is coming to Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5 sometime this summer.
Here’s a rundown on the new sequel, plus its reveal trailer:
Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy will take Amadeus the Wizard, Zoya the Thief, and Pontius the Knight on their most action-packed journey in their fifth outing – and seems promising to become the best Trine game of the series! Puzzles will change difficulty according to the number of players, the game also offers a skill quest system, and new tactical multi-phase boss fights!
This 2.5D puzzle-platforming game full of adventures is set in a fantastical fairytale world, offering players twenty beautifully designed levels to explore. From glistening gemstone caverns to perilous underwater passageways – but be aware, the three Heroes are pitted against dastardly and duplicitous villains, who will stop at nothing to seize control of the kingdom.
Whether by yourself or playing with up to three friends in online and local co-op, the Heroes of Trine must reunite to push back a fearsome Clockwork army and bring peace and justice to the land. The clock is ticking to save the world of Trine!
Traverse breathtaking landscapes in Trine’s deepest and visually richest chapter to date, with an all new cast of characters as a riveting story awaits with the heroes’ reputations tarnished, their friends and families in danger, and their enchanted powers at stake. Trine 5 will take Amadeus the Wizard, Zoya the Thief, and Pontius the Knight on their most action-packed journey yet!
- A beautiful 2.5D world with twenty gorgeous levels ready for players to explore!
- Local and online multiplayer — play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op
- Puzzles with plenty of replayability and dynamic physics — encounter fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with puzzles tailored both for solo and co-op play
- Challenging combat — fight against the unstoppable Clockwork Knights and the cunning Rat Gang in engaging and tactical battles, and try your wits and courage in formidable boss fights!
- Difficulty settings for combat, puzzles and character resurrection — the game welcomes everyone’s own playstyle.
- Experience the mesmerizing soundtrack, with songs that capture the essence of each unique environment, as well as a voice cast of returning favourites and charming new additions