Publisher Perfect World Entertainment and developer Echtra Games have shared a new trailer for Torchlight III.
The new “Welcome to the Frontier” trailer gives a five-plus minute overview of the upcoming action RPG, from its origin stories and animations to its mechanics, key features, hero classes, the game world, and more.
Here’s the new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
It’s been a century since the events of Torchlight II, and the Ember Empire is in decline. In Torchlight III, Novastraia is again under threat of invasion and it’s up to you to defend against the Netherim and its allies. Gather your wits and brave the frontier to find fame, glory, and new adventures!
- Travel the Frontier – Explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft gear, or use magic to enter unknown dungeons! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort – It’s time to rebuild – and that includes you! Enjoy your very own fort, where you can upgrade gear and renovate your fort to show off to your friends and the world.
- Collect Epic Gear – Whether it’s armor, weapons, dyes, recipes, or even new pets…there’s always more to find as you battle through dungeons and take on dangerous foes.
- Pets Are Back – Fight your way to fame and glory with your loyal companion! Add skills and equip them with gear to make them stronger. Each species comes in a myriad of colors and styles, so make sure to collect them all!
- Build Your Hero – With four unique classes to choose from, players can utilize class-specific mechanics to maximize damage and their odds of survival. Combine epic gear, Relic powers, and class abilities to customize your playstyle.
Torchlight III is leaving Early Access and launch for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 13th. A Nintendo Switch version is launching sometime later this year.