A closed beta for The Settlers is set for January 20th to the 24th, and you can sign up for it over on the game’s official site. Players can expect the beta to include the main tutorial and two skirmish missions.
Ubisoft also detailed The Settlers reboot a bit more over on the game’s dev blog, noting it has three factions: the Elari, the Maru and the Jorn, and is meant to take the best of both The Settlers 3 and The Settlers 4 (considered by fans to be the best games in the series). There will be different units, buildings, tech, and missions for each of the factions, so each can suit different playstyles.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Forced to leave their homelands after a devastating earthquake of mysterious origins, the Settlers set sail towards the unknown in the hopes of finding a new home.
Not only will they face countless new challenges: they will also become part of an ancient mystery that will change their lives forever!
- Brand Reboot – The Settlers combines a fresh take on the familiar gameplay mechanics of the series with new features like a new food system and a motivational meta-game to create a unique game experience. The campaign can be played either solo or co-operative with optional side missions.
- Online Multiplayer – Online multiplayer modes offer thrilling skirmishes between players for long-lasting fun.
- A Whole New World – Never before has The Settlers been so lively, rich in details and have such emotional storylines. Watch as thousands of settlers live their lives and complete their daily work, with every step of the production chain and every single good visualized.
- State-of-the-Art Graphics – Powered by Ubisoft’s proprietary Snowdrop engine, The Settlers sets a new visual benchmark in the build-up strategy genre.
- Join the Settlers Alliance – Visit TheSettlers-Alliance.com and get the latest news on the game, behind-the-scenes content, and opportunities to give input on development.