Ubisoft has announced a delay for their new reboot for The Settlers.
The Ubisoft Dusseldorf-developed (formerly known as Blue Byte) city-builder is forgoing its planned fall 2019 release for one sometime in 2020, for Windows PC. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the game.
Ubisoft also revealed some new details for the game:
The Settlers can be played both in PVE and PVP, and features three modes for players to enjoy: Campaign, Skirmish and Multiplayer. Powered by Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine, the game will use the new procedural map generation technology of landscapes and missions, bringing to players an authentic sense of discovery, exploration and uniqueness.
Players who immerse themselves in The Settlers’ colourful open world will discover stunning visuals and the innumerable details of the Wuselig, or bustling, feeling, specific to the brand’s DNA.
Among the features in the upcoming installment, The Settlers will offer alternative methods of victory, including:
- The Combat strategy: Players would control full armies of different units, taking on and defeating enemy armies to take over or defend their territory. Special units such as army leaders can have a positive effect on their troops.
- The Glory strategy: Players would select a hero character who will fight in the arena against the enemy. Once a player initiates a battle, spectators representing both sides will gather at the arena to watch the battle. Winning a fight can lead to dissatisfaction among the defeated party. This however can lead to revolts, allowing the player to take over the enemy territory.
- The Faith strategy: the third winning strategy will allow players to inspire Faith amongst Settlers and will be detailed at a later date.
Also confirmed today are the variety of versions available for the game:
- The Settlers Standard Edition includes the base game. Players will sail towards the unknown, explore, conquer, and settle new islands in a brand new medieval fantasy world. Players can enjoy their experience playing solo or with friends with the new online multiplayer mode offering thrilling skirmishes for long-lasting fun.
- The Settlers Gold Edition allows players access to the game three days earlier, the Expansion One “Monuments & Merchants” and two decoration items, the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well.
- The Settlers® Entdecker Edition, a unique physical pack only available in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Poland, will offer to lucky owners the following assets in addition to the base game:
- One in-game decoration item: Gazebo of Tranquility
- Three Lithographs illustrating Settlers heroes’ adventures,
- Original selected soundtrack
- The Settlers® Collector’s Edition (available in Europe only) offers the most complete experience with access to the game three days earlier, Expansion One, physical items and more:
- A Numbered Collector’s Box (5,000 copies)\
- One Artbook with stunning artworks
- Two in-game decoration items: the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well
- Three Lithographs
- One letter from Volker Wertich, the original creator
- Flower Seeds
- Original selected soundtrack+
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Forced to leave their homelands after a devastating earthquake of mysterious origins, the Settlers set sail towards the unknown in the hopes of finding a new home.
Not only will they face countless new challenges: they will also become part of an ancient mystery that will change their lives forever!
- Brand Reboot – The Settlers combines a fresh take on the familiar gameplay mechanics of the series with new features like a new food system and a motivational meta-game to create a unique game experience. The campaign can be played either solo or co-operative with optional side missions.
- Online Multiplayer – Online multiplayer modes offer thrilling skirmishes between players for long-lasting fun.
- A Whole New World – Never before has The Settlers been so lively, rich in details and have such emotional storylines. Watch as thousands of settlers live their lives and complete their daily work, with every step of the production chain and every single good visualized.
- State-of-the-Art Graphics – Powered by Ubisoft’s proprietary Snowdrop engine, The Settlers sets a new visual benchmark in the build-up strategy genre.
- Join the Settlers Alliance – Visit TheSettlers-Alliance.com and get the latest news on the game, behind-the-scenes content, and opportunities to give input on development.