Jackbox Games wasn’t on the PAX West show floor but was instead on the second floor by the food court to show Jackbox Party Pack 9. This setup allowed for those trying to enjoy their lunch to also be players.
Sadly, our time was limited due to other appointments but we did get to play a round of Fibbage 4. Fibbage 4 features fan-made questions that were chosen from a pool of submitted questions.
Fibbage has players fill in the blank for the different questions where the answer can fit into either blank. It was shocking that non of the answers during our game were perverted or inappropriate.
Most of the choices were pretty straightforward for comedic purposes but some of the correct answers were shocking. Because most of the answers were PG, no specific question or answer was that memorable.
According to the developers, players can vote to kick players who are miss behaving. Jackbox Party Pack 9 features a variety of new features. In addition to the kick player feature, players will be able to sign in using a QR Code.
Additionally, a new feature called “Easy Host Reconnects” allows the game to pause for up to five minutes if the host disconnects; this will allow players to finish the round. This will make short disconnects less stressful in Jackbox Party Pack 9.
Other returning features in Jackbox Party Pack 9
Jackbox Party Pack 9 will also be bringing back some fan-favorite features to make stream and overall gameplay easier:
- Extended timers or No timers: For when you need to slow things down and give folks more time to complete actions.
- Subtitles: Don’t miss any dialogue!
- Family-Friendly Filter: Removes suggestive in-game content (but does not filter out user-generated content).
- Profanity Filtering: Prevents offensive user-generated content from being inputted into the game. Choose between None/Moderate/Strict.
- U.S.-Centric Content Filter: Removes trivia or jokes that may not be understood globally.
- Audience Play-Along: Once you fill up your game with players, allow up to 10,000 audience members to join along and impact the outcome of the game!
- Volume Controls: Increase or decrease the music, SFX, or host audio.
- Require Twitch Login: Players will have to sign into their Twitch accounts to join the game.
- Motion Sensitivity: Adjust in-game art and animation to be more static.
- Skip Tutorials: For when you need no instruction!
- Passworded Rooms: Creates a unique password that players must enter in addition to the room code for when you need an extra layer of security.
- Room Code Hiding: Helpful when streamers want to display the game lobby but are sharing the room code with players privately elsewhere.
- Start Game from Controller: Toggle this on when you want to start the game from the device running the game and not the VIP’s controller. It helps keep control in the host’s hands in case they aren’t the first player to join!
- Player Limits: Set how many players can join the game before you start.
- Post-Game Sharing: Creates unique shareable content that you can post to Twitter after the game is over.
The Jackbox Party Pack 9 Game Modes:
- Fibbage 4 (2-8 players) – The hilarious bluffing party game returns with an all-new Final Fibbage, video questions, fan-submitted questions, and Fibbage Enough About You mode! It’s a game so beloved that we decided to slap a 4 on it.
- Quixort (1-10 players) – In this trivia sorting factory, work with your team to sort falling answers into their proper order before they hit the floor! Or, play the single-player mode and see how many blocks you can sort before topping out. It’s as easy as A, C, B!
- Junktopia (3-8 players) – A strange wizard has turned you into a frog! Create hilarious backstories for weird objects and then get them appraised. The player with the most valuable items becomes human again!
- Nonsensory(3-8 players) – Professor Nanners is here to test your NSP (Nonsensory Perception) in this drawing, writing, and guessing game! How close can you get to guessing where another player’s prompt ranks on the silliest of scales?
- Roomerang (4-9 players) – Channel your inner reality TV star in an attempt to come out on top! Respond to prompts, bring the competition and role-play to avoid being voted out. Never fear though, even when you’re out you’ll find yourself Roomerang-ed right back into the drama!
The Jackbox Party Pack 9 is launching sometime in fall 2022 for Windows PC (via Steam).