Bandai Namco has announced Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Connect is now available as a soft launch in various southeast Asian countries.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced game, plus its launch trailer:
Play with ease anytime, anywhere! More than 800 songs! Tons of fun in free play! Get rewards for viewing ads!
- Tap drums for rhythmic fun!
- Find cool new songs!
- Search for and play your favorites!
- No clear requirements! Play daily and watch your high score rise!
- 4 levels: “Easy,” “Normal,” “Hard,” and “Oni”
- Play vertically on your device!
How to play
- Hit the drum to the beat of the notes!
- Hit the drum when the “Don” and “Katsu” markers align with the music beats!
- Hit the surface on “Don” and hit the rim or elsewhere on “Katsu”.
- Evaluate your performance and skill level with the ratings “Great,” “Good,” or “Miss” based on your timing!
- High scores and combos are important! Get combos and boost your score!
- Use items for performance boosts and long hold to hit chains of notes!
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet.