Indie developer Big Brane Studios has announced a release date for Sushi Ben, their new virtual reality adventure game.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Featuring exciting 3D manga panels, Sushi Ben is a narrative adventure game where you’ll fish, catch bugs, snap photos, and more, all to save a beloved local sushi bar from some dastardly landsharks!
You’ll need to complete various tasks and help townspeople out of predicaments in order to earn their trust. Different narrative encounters will take place depending on your interactions with the game’s NPCs.
- 3D Manga Panels – A powerful visual storytelling tool unlike any VR game before.
- Activities Galore – Go fishing, bug catching, and dog walking – maybe even do a little ghost hunting on the side.
- Writing by Hato Moa – Unique characters are brought to life by the narrative talents that created the critically acclaimed visual novel, Hatoful Boyfriend.
- Full Japanese Voice Acting – Characters are voiced by talented Japanese VAs.
- Vibrant music, visuals, and aesthetic – Japanese animation and manga are embedded in Sushi Ben’s DNA. You’ll see familiar tropes, feel a nostalgic atmosphere, and hear music that’ll take you to the heart of Kotobuki Town.
- Player inclusive immersive experience – change the color of your hands, and decide which hand to wear your watch on.
- Comfortable gameplay – supports room scale, standing, and seated gameplay
Sushi Ben tells its fun and lighthearted story through expressive and dynamic 3D manga panels that’ll give you an experience unlike any other game you’ve played before, in or out of the VR space!
These fish aren’t going to reel in themselves! You’ll need to help save this restaurant by helping them land fresh catch for the menu.
Help solve troubles by completing fun minigames like bug catching, ghost hunting, archery, and more!
Sushi Ben is a captivating VR narrative adventure with innovative technology, lively nostalgic graphics, heartfelt storytelling, and fun gameplay.