Capcom has announced a Street Fighter 6 open beta is coming this month, and it will include all its supported platforms.
The new Street Fighter 6 open beta is running from May 19th at 12 AM Eastern / 3 AM Pacific through May 21st at 12 AM Eastern and 3 AM Pacific.
Fans can expect the new open beta to have the same content as the previous closed betas, so it will include eight characters and these modes: Character Creation (Only possible to create once), Ranked Matches, Casual Matches, Battle Hub Matches, Open Tournaments, Training Mode, Hub Goods Shop, Extreme Battles (Updates daily), Game Center (Updates daily), Challenges (Updates daily), DJ Booth, and Photo Spot.
In case you missed it, you can find our thorough and entertaining written+video hands-on preview for the original closed beta here.
Here’s a rundown on the February-announced game, plus a new trailer for the beta:
Street Fighter 6
Here comes Capcom’s newest challenger! Street Fighter™ 6 launches worldwide in 2023 and represents the next evolution of the Street Fighter™ series which has sold more than 47 million units since its debut 35 years ago. Powered by Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Street Fighter 6 spans three distinct game modes, including Fighting Ground, World Tour and Battle Hub. The experience also includes innovative new gameplay features, plus enhanced visuals for every aspect of the game.
In addition to new gameplay innovations, Street Fighter 6 celebrates what fans love about the franchise by uniting core modes from previous titles – including Arcade Mode, online matches, Training Mode, local versus battles and more – to the Fighting Ground experience. From iconic World Warriors like Ryu and Chun-Li, to the final addition to the Street Fighter™ V roster Luke, and the new expert breakdancer/drunken boxer Jamie, players will have a wide range of fighting styles and skills to master.
- Classic Experience Built for a Modern Era: With all core gameplay modes present, plus two brand new modes and enhanced visuals, Street Fighter 6 redefines the classic fighting game genre.
- Diverse Fighting Styles to Master: Returning in Street Fighter 6 are Ryu, Chun-Li and Luke, all of whom have undergone striking redesigns for this new generation. Joining them is a brand new challenger, Jamie, who will add his own flair to the game with his unpredictable move set.
- Brand New Game Modes: The Street Fighter franchise continues to hone its skills and redefine the fighting genre with the introduction of three new foundational modes – Fighting Ground, World Tour and Battle Hub.
- Fighting Ground: Street Fighter 6 unites core fighting modes from previous titles – including Arcade Mode, online matches, Training Mode, local versus battles and more – to the Fighting Ground experience.
- World Tour: World Tour is a single-player immersive story mode that pushes the boundaries of what a fighting game is and allows players to leave their own legacy with their player avatar.
- Battle Hub: Battle Hub is a destination that provides players with new and unique ways to engage, communicate and interact.
- In-Game Commentating: Street Fighter’s first-ever Real-Time Commentary Feature, supported with subtitles in 13 languages, incorporates the voices of popular Fighting Game Community (FGC) commentators like Vicious and Aru directly into the game to narrate what is happening on-screen just like a real tournament.
- New Control Scheme: The Classic Control Type returns alongside a brand new option, the Modern Control Type, which allows players to jump straight into the action with simplified inputs.
- Battle System Built for Creativity: Street Fighter 6 introduces the Drive System, a new gauge used to perform five distinct techniques that enhance a player’s offensive or defensive capabilities.
Street Fighter 6 is launching on June 2nd, 2023 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.