The herald of night joins Spiritfall, bringing mirror images and plenty of confusion in the dark.
You can view the announcement and trailer below:
Spiritfall, the Action Roguelike and Platform Fighter hybrid by Gentle Giant Games, unveils the anticipated “Herald of Nightfall” update. Welcome Zalvoon, the seventh spirit to join the roster. Zalvoon is a cunning raccoon spirit that adds more depth to the game, inviting players to explore new power synergies in combat.
A Divine Raccoon Spirit Joins the Fight
Zalvoon, the herald of the night, joins the pantheon of Divine Spirits in this latest update! Dodge deadly attacks, confuse your enemies, create a mirror image of yourself, and dominate the battlefield with the help of this shadowy ally. The “Herald of Nightfall” introduces an expansive list of new Skills, Blessings, Mask, Tribute Altar, and Synergies to compliment this Spirit’s sneaky style. With Zalvoon’s arrival, the possibilities in Spiritfall expand exponentially, offering players even more rich and diverse combat options to explore.
Spiritfall is a 2D Action Roguelike inspired by Platform Fighters. With its beautifully vibrant, hand-drawn art style and powerful atmospheric music, players will traverse dangerous regions and unleash deadly combos as they battle against a multitude of enemies using an ever-changing arsenal of powers.
The story follows the Omenforged, a warrior of unknown origin, who is chosen by the Divine Spirits to fight against the blight spreading across the land. Throughout their journey players will encounter mysterious characters, forge and upgrade a variety of weapons, and unlock new skills and rooms to assist them on their journey.
- Traverse dangerous regions and unleash deadly combos as you battle against a multitude of enemies
- The Divine Spirits offer powerful blessings that enhance your abilities in combat, discover your favourites and experiment with unique builds
- Forge, wield and enchant an arsenal of weapons that can be improved by your in-run performance
- Enjoy the intricate characteristics of Rogue-like games such as randomized run generation and permadeath, but with persistent progression through an evolving storyline.
- Death is only a temporary setback, reawaken stronger than before at the Sanctum and use gathered resources to upgrade your skills and unlock unique charms before continuing your adventure
- Meet interesting characters on your journey! Some may return to the Sanctum and assist you. Others may not be as friendly…