WayForward Technologies have announced Spidersaurs is coming to PC and consoles sometime in spring 2022.
While Spidersaurs is coming to PC and consoles in spring 2022, the run-and-gun cooperative shooter will be available for Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
Spidersaurs was originally released exclusively for Apple Arcade way back in September 2019, to which WayForward is noting this is a “definitive edition,” which includes more content that will also be added to the Apple Arcade version for free.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Inspired by classic action games and Saturday morning cartoons from days gone by, Spidersaurs is an original property from the development team behind the acclaimed Contra 4 that pits one or two players against a man-eating mutant menace. When INGESTCorp’s herd of terrifying half-spider, half-dinosaur hybrids (originally created as a new food source for humanity) goes on a rampage, it’s up to punk rocker Victoria and officer-in-training Adrian to run, jump, climb, and shoot their way through multiple levels of over-the-top, high-octane mayhem. Armed with an assortment of character-specific weapons (including Victoria’s Metal Spread and Electronica Chain and Adrian’s Flame Thrower and Rebound Breaker) and special Spidersaur powers, players must navigate the INGESTCorp facility and put a stop to the mindless army of genetically engineered monsters.
Expanding upon its debut release, the console and PC version of Spidersaurs adds several new features to the game: an all-new stage, a new true final boss, a new ending, two new difficulty settings, and two new unlockable modes (arcade mode and speedrun mode). Other tweaks and balance adjustments have also been implemented, including mid-level checkpoints, rebalanced boss order, and numerous visual improvements. The existing Apple Arcade version of Spidersaurs will receive these updates as well.
- Intense, Saturday-morning-cartoon-style action for one or two players — complete with theme song and epic intro from Powerhouse Animation!
- Two distinct playable characters: punk rocker Victoria and officer-in-training Adrian!
- Unleash awesome firepower — everything from spread guns and lasers to detonating footballs and bass-heavy electronica!
- Explosive environments including volcanoes, jungles, laboratories, and more!
- A menagerie of unique and terrifying Spidersaurs to battle!
- Unlock new abilities as you advance through the INGESTCorp facility!
- Three difficulty settings: Well Done, Medium, and Rare!
- Unlockable arcade mode and speedrun mode!
- From the developers of Contra 4!