Classic RTS Solium Infernum is coming back and it looks beautifully weird and twisted in its first gameplay.
For those unfamiliar, Solium Infernum is basically a hellish game of Civilization, where instead of dealing with Ghandi and Gengis Khan, you deal with Belial and Lilith.
Players take on the role Archfiends, who are fighting for Lucifer’s now empty throne.
The new game claims to be a cult classic resurrected, being neither a remake or remaster of the original game, seemingly.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced remake, plus the first yet short gameplay footage:
Prepare yourself for Solium Infernum, the grand strategy game of politics, intrigue and betrayal, set in the ultimate arena of Hell.
As a powerful fallen Archfiend, sinister overlords of the Infernal Kingdom of Hell, you are a contender for the Infernal Throne – the Great Dark Majesty is missing and the feverish Conclave demands a replacement declared. Command dread legions, enlist champion praetors, cast sinister rituals, and outplay your rivals to become Hell’s new Dark Majesty.
The strategy game from hell
- Solium Infernum is a simultaneous turn-based political strategy game for up to six players that requires nerves of steel and a heart of darkness. Put your mind – and your friendships – to the test.
- In your path to victory stands the hellish red tape of Pandaemonium, Hell’s capital, and its Infernal Conclave. You’ll need to deftly navigate the Conclave’s labyrinthine political systems that govern and control the Fallen, whilst avoiding the insidious plots of your fellow Archfiends.
- Every order you give will have a lasting consequence, and Solium Infernum’s simultaneous turn structure will force you into the minds of your rivals, second-guessing both their moves and your own.
Indulge your dark side
- Play as one of eight powerful, sinister Archfiends, High Demon Rulers of the Great Houses of Hell, as they vy for control of Hell’s capital, Pandaemonium.
- Painstakingly crafted, each Archfiend has their own unique powers and demonic assets – strongholds, legions and champion praetors – at their bidding.
- Play a game of politics, master powerful sorceries, or become a wrathful warmonger. Use Events, Rituals, Diplomacy and Schemes wisely, as you make your choices and specialise your play style with Power trees that unlock dark powers.
Torturous 1-6 player multiplayer
- Play intense multiplayer games of deceit and politics in a single session, or enjoy Solium Infernum’s infamous asynchronous multiplayer for a truly harrowing scheme-in-your-sleep experience.
- Asynchronous multiplayer delivers the depth of Grand Strategy and a diabolical conquest for the Throne of Hell in an accessible format, delivered in 5-15 minute bursts over multiple days or even weeks long with your (soon to be ex-) friends.
- Show the underworld who is the most powerful, cunning, and infamous Archfiend of them all
Beautiful dark visions
- Prepare for a striking vision of Hell unlike anything you’ve seen before, a truly twisted mindscape of the Underworld.
- Solium Infernum is an infernal feast for the eyes with over 150 individual dark paintings to enjoy.
- LoG’s acclaimed aesthetic signature is on full display as you navigate the pathways of the pit, and contend with its surreal denizens.
A cult classic resurrected
Originally inspired by Milton’s epic poem, Paradise Lost, League of Geeks’ (known for seminal digital board game Armello) sophomore title is a re-imagining and modernisation of Vic Davis’ critically acclaimed cult-classic of the same name, hailed as a masterpiece of strategy game design.
Once again, prepare to lose yourself within ‘the cold glory of a difficult decision’ as we resurrect Solium Infernum from the depths of Hell.
Hopefully we will see more of Solium Infernum in the future, as the gameplay gives us a better understanding of these twisted demons.
Solium Infernum will be available on Microsoft Windows (through Steam), but no release date has been announced yet.