Publisher Ratalaika Games and developer Analgesic Productions announced Sephonie is getting console ports this month.
The story-focused 3D platformer is coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5 on July 21st.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
In this 3D puzzle-platformer, parkour through an uninhabited island’s massive cave network. You’ll take on platforming challenges in lush caverns, subterranean oceans, and surreal cityscapes as you guide three biologists through the shifting spiritual landscape of the island depths!
Use an acrobatic moveset to navigate lush, jade canopies and rusty sandstone spires. Fling yourself over high ledges using the satisfying Teledash Vault and deftly Wallrun across dangerous outcroppings.
Grapple through the air with the help of long-tongued Ribbats or climb tall cliffs via sticky-ridged Gripshrooms. Linking with certain creatures will grant you new abilities to reach the farthest depths of the island.The Relaxing and Casual Puzzle Grid System
Research the island’s unknown creatures by Linking with them! Using the one-of-a-kind “Puzzle Grid” system, overcome each creature’s challenges by freely placing a series of colored tiles, forming large islands of one color.
A Research Trip Gone Awry
In the near future, three biologists are on a joint mission to use their state-of-the-art ONYX implants to research the creatures of the uninhabited Sephonie Island. But as they approach the island, a sudden storm leaves them shipwrecked.
Amy Lim, Taiwanese-American and bold leader, hails from the midwestern USA town of Bloomington. Riyou Hayashi, an analytically-minded Japanese-Taiwanese researcher, calls the bustling Tokyo his home. And Ing-wen Lin, a kind and considerate Taiwanese scientist, lives in Taipei.
The trio will find their motivations and loyalties put to the test as they navigate Sephonie’s caverns, facing not only physical challenges but also their deepest memories and dreams. As they grow more intimate with each other and the island, an ancient force, brewing deep in the island’s abyss, may threaten their newfound relationship, and the world…
- Master a parkour-esque moveset to sprint, wallrun, jump, and fling yourself through Sephonie Island’s rocky and physical caverns!
- A beautiful and varied cave system filled with all manner of large and surprising creatures.
- A deep, emotional story about the close bonds of a trio, the priorities of nations, and the delicate connection of humans and nature.
- A screenshot mode that lets you pose the characters and creatures you meet in the game, and then take fun photos!
- The postgame “Bubble Adventure” and fiendish hidden items provide a fun challenge for advanced spelunkers.
- A human experience crafted entirely by the IGF Grand Prize-nominated duo of Marina Kittaka and Melos Han-Tani, behind works such as Anodyne 1 & 2, Even the Ocean, and All Our Asias.