The much anticipated game looks to be an interesting mix of collectible card game and strategy board game.
Some of its features:
- Scrolls is social; you have the ability to chat with and add other players to your friends list.
- Through all match types, and over 50 trials, you earn gold. In-game gold and Shards can be spent on more Scrolls, though because Shards are Mojang’s real money, the amount you can spend is restricted to maintain balance.
- Currently over 350 fully animated Scrolls available.
- The full game costs just $5 (USD) and is not “pay to win”; all items can be attained with a reasonable amount of in-game gold.
- There is a three-tier crafting system, combine several of the same Scroll to upgrade to the next tier.
Overall Scrolls looks like a solid effort from the team that brought us Minecraft, and takes a step in a whole other direction. It should appeal to players of games like Magic: The Gathering, and Hearthstone, as well as tabletop strategists.