The game will be known simply as Sayonara UmiharaKawase in the west, and it will cost $19.99 / 14,99 Euro / £10.99, respectively. The localization is reportedly being handled by Agatsuma Entertainment, the studio originally responsible for the PS Vita port in Japan.
Here are the game’s key features:
- The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
- Includes the original ‘UmiharaKawase’ game – this was the first game in the franchise, released in 1994 for console
- Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on ‘The Mosquito’) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.
- Unique 1970’s Japanese visual style
- 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages
- Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
- Global time ranking
- New enemy placements
- Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
- Total of 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities
- Now 60fps
A specific release date wasn’t specified, but we’ll keep you guys posted.