Bird’s Eye Games have released a roadmap of upcoming content for their Cold War RTS, Regiments.
Regiments‘ content roadmap will last roughly a year, after which time the developers will evaluate how they wish to support the game going forward.
The roadmap consists of 4 separate DLC releases. Immediate Reserves will be a free DLC expansion that adds the UK to skirmish mode, a new Operation, new units for all nations, and new maps.
Northern Group of Forces will be a DLC pack that adds more British regiments, playable armies for Netherlands and Poland, and new heliborne and motorized infantry units. Central Group of Forces is another DLC pack that will add custom Operations, and playable armies for France, Canada, and Czechoslovakia. The final DLC pack is still unknown.
Between all of these expansions Regiments will continue to get bug fixes and quality of life updates. There are also a variety of mechanics and features that may make it into the game, including new Skirmish modes, towed equipment, amphibious vehicles, improved morale systems, and more.
You can find a rundown on the main game below:
THE RED HORSE OF WAR IS RIDING THROUGH EUROPE ONCE AGAIN
It’s 1989 and the flames of a New War are flaring up. Thousands of square miles of German landscape will become a stage for sweeping battles between the best NATO and Warsaw Pact has to offer.
Lead your Regiment through the inferno of a wide-scale Cold War conflict in this new Real-Time Tactics game. Break through the lines, call in artillery and air support, maneuver, feign retreats, and stage mobile defenses. Do not relent.
The Platoon Command system lets you orchestrate battles with unprecedented precision and ease. No need to micromanage every infantryman – you’re a Commanding Officer, not a sergeant.
Form your force on the fly. Selecting the main Regiment is just a start. You can expand your army during the game by calling in unique Task Forces, each bringing its own equipment and off-map support options.
- Plot-focused Campaign of several Operations that tells a complex story of warfare around the Inner German border from multiple perspectives
- Seven diverse Operations, each encompassing up to several days of fighting. Fight tactical battles, manage limited resources in the lulls between combat, make operational decisions, and lead your Regiment to victory
- Three distinct skirmish modes with varied, dynamic objectives
- Over 100 authentic vehicles modeled, combined into a multitude of different formations. Deploy such iconic vehicles as Leopard 2, T-72M, or M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle
- Command Regiments, Brigades, and Task Forces from a multitude of factions: Soviet Union, USA, East and West Germanies, Belgium, UK – with more to come
- Aggressive, competent AI that can challenge experienced RTS players
- On-the-fly force customization, rewarding adaptability, and creativity
- Deep game mechanics, simulating the Cold War era mechanized fight with great detail
- Visceral visual effects, bringing WWIII to your screen in all its terrifying glory
- Smooth learning curve and high accessibility even to novice RTS players
- Refined controls that make commanding hundreds of soldiers a breeze