We’ve gotten some new details for Persona 5 from this week’s Famitsu magazine.
You can find the new information below:
- Unlike previous games, Persona 5 doesn’t have one specific antagonist, instead opting for several different foes the Phantom Thieves chase after. It’s more akin to an, “omnibus,” rather than a straightforward narrative.
- A large portion of the story revolves around the mysterious app the group utilizes called, “Isekainabi,” which they use to find their targets.
- The main characters are mostly after social reformation and atonement, and not any one clear-cut objective.
- The other world, known as The Palace, is what facilitates travel to all the exotic locations the party visits.
- The Phantom Thieves are a group of friends that feel they’ve lost their way. They use the mysterious “Isekainabi” app to help others in need.
- Ryuji Sakamoto meets the protagonist on the first day of school, and is the one to kickstart the creation of the Phantom Thieves. He is supposedly a bad influence.
- Anne Takamaki feels restrained by her day to day life, as if she’s lost her place in the world. Despite this, she is the most energetic and lively of the Phantom Thieves.
- Morgana is the member of the group who acts most like a thief, and assumes the role of a guide.
- Yusuke Kitagawa is dealing with his own problems in life, which are exacerbated by the drama that ensues when he meets the rest of the party.
- The Phantom Thieves’ initial Persona was designed to embody the idea of a “picaresque hero”. Like in Persona 4, the party members will get their Personas at different points inside, “The Palace.”
- The SNS system players got to briefly see in the latest trailer will be used to communicate with other characters in the game.
- The Greater Tokyo Area will be available to explore, as seen in the latest trailer.
Persona 5 director Katsura Hashino reiterated that, due to the game’s larger scale, more time was required for development.
Persona 5 is slated for a Summer 2016 Japanese launch on PS3 and PS4. The North American release date will be sometime in 2016.