Publisher and developer Owlcat Games have announced the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous DLC Inevitable Excess is now available for PC.
The previously planned console ports for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have been delayed to fall 2022, and will also be available via Xbox Game Pass.
In case you missed it, you can find our thorough review for the base Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous game here – we highly recommend it as a faithful adaptation of the tabletop game and a direct improvement over the first game, Pathfinder: Kingmaker (which we also reviewed here).
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the new DLC:
The Inevitable Excess DLC will take players on a new adventure set just before their triumphant victory over the Worldwound. The new story will require all the hero’s high-level abilities and mythic powers to battle nigh on invincible opponents.
Players will answer the call of Valmallos, a powerful being from another plane of existence who is determined to stop an impending threat to the universe.
- Play a new story that complements the main campaign storyline and takes+C27 about 7–8 hours. Import your character from the main campaign with all their companions, or create a new one to find out what exactly has troubled the keeper of magic.
- At the beginning of the adventure, your character will have a high level — both standard and mythic. Fight new mythic opponents who threaten the peace of the planes. Use your entire arsenal of mythic abilities!
- Visit Axis — the birthplace and home of the inevitables, the machine aeons, exploring every corner of this plane and finding your way through a dungeon full of dangers.
- Export your achievements to the main campaign! After you complete this DLC, new powers will become available to your character in the main campaign right before the official start of the Fifth Crusade.
- New opponents await you, ready to test your righteous wrath. But remember, not everything may be as it seems at first glance. Sometimes friends can betray you, and old enemies lend a helping hand.