Publisher and developer Owlcat Games have announced the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous console ports are delayed again.
While the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous console ports are delayed again, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 releases are now on track for fall 2022. The console ports were originally supposed to release alongside the PC version last year, but got delayed to March 2022.
“The team is working hard on the console version of the game, and there’s steady progress. However, as we went forward, it became clear that we do need that extra time after all,” the studio said in a new update.
They added, “We made the tough decision to postpone the launch on consoles to early autumn, 2022 so we can deliver the best gaming experience on console – as well as address any remaining issues on the PC edition. We believe that in the end it will be better for the game and hope for your patience and understanding.”
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has been available for Windows PC (via Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store). In case you missed it, you can find our thorough review for the base Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous game here – we highly recommend it as a faithful adaptation of the tabletop game and a direct improvement over the first game, Pathfinder: Kingmaker (which we also reviewed here).
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons in a new epic RPG from the creators of the critically acclaimed Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Explore the nature of good and evil, learn the true cost of power, and rise as a Mythic Hero capable of deeds beyond mortal expectations.
Your path will take you to the Worldwound, where the opening of a rift to the Abyss has unleashed all-consuming terror across the land. For over a century, the neighboring nations have tried to withstand the threat coming from the portal and drive the enemy back, but to little avail. Now you have the chance to put an end to this conflict, but the path to salvation is far from clear-cut. Will you become a shining angel backed by worthy paladins? Or a powerful necromancer with hordes of immortal undead in your thrall? Or something else? Lead your army and challenge the mighty demon lords. Your crusade will set in motion a chain of events that will change the world – and you – forever.
- Create any character imaginable with the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset. Choose from 25 classes, 12 character races, and more than a thousand spells, feats, and abilities to suit your personal playstyle.
- Enjoy two combat modes to slay your enemies – real-time with pause or turn-based. Switch between them on the fly!
- A cast of more than 10 unique companions is ready to join your cause. Earn their trust and respect, and they will have your back no matter what dangers lie ahead.
- But you will need much more than a party of adventurers to cleanse the land of the demonic scourge. Take command of the crusaders and lead them to victory – either as a strategist controlling the battle from above, or as a field commander in a new tactical combat mode.
- A gift of tremendous power has been given to you, and you must choose where this power will lead you. Take a step on one of eight Mythic Paths to obtain extraordinary abilities and shape everything that comes next. Your decisions might transform you into a celestial Angel, a ravaging Demon, a powerful Lich, a cunning Trickster, a lawful Aeon, a rebellious Azata, a wise Gold Dragon, or an ever-ravenous Swarm That Walks. The world will never be the same again.